Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Any metagamy advice for a way for Carsis to interest Lasair enough that she'll at least talk to him?

Well, lessee. I'll do my best to help. I can't think of anything at the moment, though I'll try. I will let you know some thoughts I had (though they probably aren't helpful when I looked backed at them):

You might vaguely recall Lasair's conversation with Vanitri way way way back in the RDI? I think that was more-or-less the first place we met on the boards. Even I barely remember all the way back then. Anyways, she mentioned that in her culture, the only dance was in battle and that it was even considered improper for men to sing except in battle...In Lasair's culture, artisans are prized, but career musicians and artists are considered to be utterly wasteful and thus parasitic, and so they are more or less unknown, though some cultivate aesthetics as a hobby.

She also has begun to feel pangs of dread whenever arranged marriages or any kind of local marriage are mentioned around her...

Bront

The man with the probe
Well, Carsis isn't exactly a proponent for aranged marriages either, he just accepts that they exist.

As for the career musician, he's not nessessarily, it's just an aspect of the whole man. A man who walks in robes, and carries a spear :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Well, Carsis isn't exactly a proponent for aranged marriages either, he just accepts that they exist.
Yup, but now he reminds her of them too, and not just the mayor, after his talking about how his parents had one.

As for the career musician, he's not nessessarily, it's just an aspect of the whole man. A man who walks in robes, and carries a spear

Oh definitely :) She was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and talk for a while--this info is just a specific reason why the beautiful song, which might have helped win over the heart of a normal girl, caused Lasair to simply ignore it--as long as she doesn't acknowledge that he was singing, in her culture that's the nicest thing she can do to help him preserve his honour ;) :eek: So it's sort of a sign of respect (or as much of one as is possible in the situation). :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Oh, and also, when that Sense Motive told her he was interested in her, she became scared (and I think I had her clam up a bit after that). She doesn't understand weddings in these places and is now afraid that any man who is interested might somehow be able to force her to marry him against her will in these lands.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Oh, and also, when that Sense Motive told her he was interested in her, she became scared (and I think I had her clam up a bit after that). She doesn't understand weddings in these places and is now afraid that any man who is interested might somehow be able to force her to marry him against her will in these lands.
Hehe, well, he'll offer to walk and talk with her a bit after dinner, perhaps they can straighten things out a bit. I tried to play her culture into her sense motives though. (Trying to start a courting ritual)

Rystil Arden

First Post
I tried to play her culture into her sense motives though. (Trying to start a courting ritual)

Yup, and I could tell :) But now she thinks that the courting rituals in these lands allow a man to take a woman against her will...now she thinks these people are more barbarous than ever :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Yup, and I could tell :) But now she thinks that the courting rituals in these lands allow a man to take a woman against her will...now she thinks these people are more barbarous than ever :lol:
Of course, if it were reversed, she'd have no problem with it. :p :lol:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Of course, if it were reversed, she'd have no problem with it. :p :lol:
Well, if it was reversed, she would think it was wrong, but you're right that she wouldn't be deeply disturbed and fearful.

There's certainly a difference, just like there's a difference between being, for instance, a Caucasian Northerner who despises racism and visiting the South during the era of slavery and being a black freedman from the North who visits the South during the same time. Only the latter was liable to be attacked by a lynch mob :( :(

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Well, if it was reversed, she would think it was wrong, but you're right that she wouldn't be deeply disturbed and fearful.

There's certainly a difference, just like there's a difference between being, for instance, a Caucasian Northerner who despises racism and visiting the South during the era of slavery and being a black freedman from the North who visits the South during the same time. Only the latter was liable to be attacked by a lynch mob :( :(
So she's afraid of a marauding mob of matrimonial minded men meaning to marry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads