Diplomatic Immunity OOC: The Next Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Wait, huh? Are you saying my NPCs are making you have more trouble coming up with an idea? :lol:

Obviously missed a word or two in that sentence. :eek: No, you keep making me come up with ideas...you'll notice my post speed usually slows down at that point unless I post something frivolous. :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Obviously missed a word or two in that sentence. :eek: No, you keep making me come up with ideas...you'll notice my post speed usually slows down at that point unless I post something frivolous. :p
Oh, I see :D Coming up with new ideas is fun, but it's frustrating when it won't work :(

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Oh, I see :D Coming up with new ideas is fun, but it's frustrating when it won't work :(

It sure is. :( I'm having fun with your games though, I just don't think I'll be coming up with a cohesive game for a while. :D

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
My current three thoughts are:
*Blossoming Strife
*my Post-Arthurian Campaign (setting=England in the year 515 AD)
*my Rejected-by-WotC Campaign (homebrew setting)

Well we've discussed the Post-Arthurian...what weirdness is in your homebrew?

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Well we've discussed the Post-Arthurian...what weirdness is in your homebrew?
Well, there's some interesting things going on in the homebrew world, although most of them aren't too important for the short adventure. I do have a colourful map for that one that I drew myself using Paint. Evil cults, conspiracies, demonic rituals, and mysteries abound. The world is entirely homebrewed, but the pantheon is similar to the Faerunian one, and there is both a Weave and a Shadow Weave, in addition to other sorts of magic, including Psionics (which is different, as per Psionics is Different), although Psionic classes are not selectable for PCs. I also allow monstrous races, and if they don't already have a progression to allow you to start at level 1, I'll make one.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Well, there's some interesting things going on in the homebrew world, although most of them aren't too important for the short adventure. I do have a colourful map for that one that I drew myself using Paint. Evil cults, conspiracies, demonic rituals, and mysteries abound. The world is entirely homebrewed, but the pantheon is similar to the Faerunian one, and there is both a Weave and a Shadow Weave, in addition to other sorts of magic, including Psionics (which is different, as per Psionics is Different), although Psionic classes are not selectable for PCs. I also allow monstrous races, and if they don't already have a progression to allow you to start at level 1, I'll make one.

Sounds very interesting indeed. You're just too creative for my own good...far too many good choices. :lol:

Aaargh, everything you offer is different from what usually get to play...I want it all.

I've never gotten to play a monster before, but I love messing around with monstrous progressions. I'm a bit annoyed they didn't put all of the LA's in the MM, especially when they included the Epic rules in the DMG (not that I use them, I just had to tinker--expanded spell progressions, continues standard BAB and Save advancement like monsters).

Rystil Arden

First Post
unleashed said:
Sounds very interesting indeed. You're just too creative for my own good...far too many good choices. :lol:

Aaargh, everything you offer is different from what usually get to play...I want it all.

I've never gotten to play a monster before, but I love messing around with monstrous progressions. I'm a bit annoyed they didn't put all of the LA's in the MM, especially when they included the Epic rules in the DMG (not that I use them, I just had to tinker--expanded spell progressions, continues standard BAB and Save advancement like monsters).
Nah, I'm not that creative, but I had this weird thing where I came up with lots of great game ideas several years ago during Psychology class (I have no idea why it was that class).

As for monsters, I wouldn't suggest anything too hideously monstrous--in our first game we had a gold elf, a dwarf (who was later Death carded into a wild elf), and a flying blue azer with wings (he didn't start play as blue or winged) who kept getting banished to the Plane of Fire for 100 years (and then unbanished) when his party members (read--the elf) killed him by mistake with [Cold] descriptor spells.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(not that I use them, I just had to tinker--expanded spell progressions, continues standard BAB and Save advancement like monsters).

Of those, the save progression is the most problematic. If you use your progression, you're going to get to the points where, all stats being equal, good saves are so much better than poor saves that any save DC that even has a chance to fail on the good saves will be instakill on the poor saves.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
Nah, I'm not that creative, but I had this weird thing where I came up with lots of great game ideas several years ago during Psychology class (I have no idea why it was that class).

As for monsters, I wouldn't suggest anything too hideously monstrous--in our first game we had a gold elf, a dwarf (who was later Death carded into a wild elf), and a flying blue azer with wings (he didn't start play as blue or winged) who kept getting banished to the Plane of Fire for 100 years (and then unbanished) when his party members (read--the elf) killed him by mistake with [Cold] descriptor spells.

Well creativity is subjective. I usually get a lot of stock standard dungeon crawls, very little political intrigue, puzzle solving, or anything like that. It's also what I usually end up running as that's what the players prefer.

That brings back memories of way back in the 1E AD&D days, where my character was killed twice by his own brother needlessly. Once fireballed when he was about to cut down a frost giant, and another when he was lightning bolted and left to the monsters.

Well I probably wouldn't go for something planar to start with. ;)

Hmm, Dark Nemesis is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads