• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

DnD 3.5 - Into the Dragon's Lair. (Closed)

sans

First Post
Woohoo, made it!

1) Twisted, may I apply age adjustments to my character (PHB p. 109, middle age: -1 str/dex/con, +1 int/wis/cha)?

2) Here is my hitpoint calc:
First Level: 8
Levels 2-10: 47 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=560256
Total: 55

3) For everyone's convenience, here is our lineup:
Shayuri - Barbarian/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple
Sans - Cleric
Isida Kep'Tukari - Paladin
Hero4Hire - Wizard (Necromancer variant)
Albedo - Sorcerer/Rogue/Assassin/Arcane Trickster​

Last edited:

Albedo

First Post
I switched listen with search. Only reason why I left it out was because most of my other skills were used up for prereques.

I also scrapped spellcraft to further boost search. I just noticed I'm the only rogue type, so I'll let everyone else pick up the spellcasting slack.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Albedo said:
Howdy. I'm interested in putting up an arcane trickster for this adventure. There is a feat I would like to use out of book of Aberations though. Its called Darkstalker and allows me to hide from blindsight, tremersense, scent, ect.

Since you couldn't find the Book of Aberrations on PDF but are accepted:

Darkstalker
Type: General
Source: Lords of Madness

You have learned how to stalk and surprise creatures whose senses are very different from those of a humanoid.

Benefit: When you hide, creatures with blindsense, blindsight, scent, or tremorsense must make a Listen check or a Spot check (whichever DC is higher) to notice you, just as sighted creatures would make Spot checks to detect you. You cannot hide in plain sight unless you have that ability as a class feature. In addition, you can flank creatures that have the all-around vision special quality.
Normal: Creatures with these senses do not need to make Spot or listen checks to notice other creatures within range. Creatures with all-around vision can't be flanked.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Thank you Sans for posting the lineup, and Hero4Hire for backing up Albedo's feat. :) I appreciate the help. Also - Sans, go ahead if you'd like to apply age. Albedo- Wasn't trying to steer you towards the search, but being the only Rogue was exactly my reasoning for it. Just waiting on a few people to put up their character sheets and we can get this under way.

Shayuri

First Post
Posted!

Also, Hero, you listed Spell Focus as giving +2 to your Necromancy DC's...but as of 3.5, it gives only +1 to DC's. Wasn't sure if you took both Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus and were just listing the total, or if that was a 3.0 flashback. :)

One last comment, in general...

Necromancer of Jergal + Paladin = Heee heeee! :p

sans

First Post
Shayuri said:
Necromancer of Jergal + Paladin = Heee heeee! :p

Since our party has supposedly been together for a while now, we had better iron out all the alignment issues before our characters spend two weeks in RL arguing the merits of animating the first monster we kill.

Hero4Hire has stated "Absalom hates all Intelligent Undead... But usually finds Non-Sentient Undead to be nothing more then a tool or a Golem." So we can work off of that.

My character, Brother Odis, worships Tymora, who is a non-prejudgmental god- actions speak louder than words type o' deal. So, as long as Absalom doesn't decide to animate the local cemetary, my character's relationship with him is ok :D

My character should be done by tonight.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Yeah, I'm going to have to hammer out Duthayer's reactions towards the rest of the group, though my initial post of how he considers himself the moral backbone of a group of well-meaning but slightly misguided rogues is looking more and more appropriate all the time!

Remove ads