DND 3.5 "Pain Pride and Prejudice" [Interest/Recruiting]

hellrazor111

First Post
If your still looking for player, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring with a changeling sorcerer named Seere for the Arcanist.

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
Setting seems fine, and I find it nice that my bio wasn't entirely offbase. I'll be happy to begin playing whenever you are. :)

Jemal

Adventurer
I came across a couple problems while designing the character and had to do a redisign.

Primary problem was that with only warlock levels I couldn't wear my armour, use my shield, or wield my weapon properly. heh.. SO, I made a few changes and it gave me a great backstory idea. SO, here he is.

[sblock=Michael Cale]
Michael
Human Fighter1/Warlock 2
AL: CG HT: 6'0" WT: 200 Hair: Dark Red Eyes: Green

STR: 16 (+3) [10 points]
DEX: 16 (+3) [10 points]
CON: 10 (+1) [2 points]
INT: 10 (+0) [2 points]
WIS: 10 (+0) [2 points]
CHA: 12 (+1) [4 points]

HP: 22 (1d10+2d6) AC: 22 (10 base + 3 dex + 6 armour + 3 Shield)
Saves: FORT: +2 (2 base + 0 con) REF: +3 (0 base + 3 dex) WILL: +3 (3 base + 0 wis)
Init: +3 Movement: 20'

Bab: 2
Attacks:
Eldritch Spear: +5 (Touch), 2d6 dmg, 250' range
Maul: + 7, 1d10+3 dmg (Crit X3)
Hideous Blow +7, 1d10+2d6+3 dmg, Standard Action.

Skills(Total/Ranks):[18 Points] Knowledge: Planes(+5/5), Intimidate(+7/6), Tumble(+4/1cc), Use Magic Device(+6/5)

Feats: [3] Weapon Focus: Maul, Power Attack, Expertise, Battle Caster, Practiced Caster

Class Features: Eldritch Blast 2d6, 2 Invocations(Least), Detect Magic

Invocations: Hideous Blow, Entropic Warding

Languages: Common

Equipment:
+1 BreastPlate (1,350 GP)
MW Maul (315 gp)
1035 gp (Planning on buying a wand and/or some scrolls. Suggestions?)

Background:
Michael Cale was 12 when his father, Charles, started training him to join his mercenary band. Michael soon became a competent soldier, and by the time he was 16, was a member of his father's mercenary brigade, the Bronze Warriors.

They fought several battles alongside each other until during one such fight a few years later Michael was seriously injured protecting a village from some maurading lizardmen based in a nearby swamp. When the Bronze Warriors went into the swamp to finish them off, Michael was forced to stay behind in the village. Days passed and nothing came out of the swamp. The young warrior became restless, but his caretakers refused to let him chase after his friends and father. Finally, nearly a week later, a man was brought back from the edge of the swamp. Farmers had found him crawling towards the village and brought him to the healers cabin. When they lay the man in the bed next to him, Michael recognized him as a friend and fellow Bronze Warrior.

As Michael approached, the mans eyes opened wide, locking onto Michaels, and he sat up like a bolt of lightning had just struck him. "Trap... It was.. a trap. They're dead... He's dead, Mike.. Please, you must..." And then, with a final gasp, the last of Michaels friends fell back to the pillow, dead.

That night, as Michael sat crying over his lost friends, a shadowy figure came to him, it's features hidden behind a dark cowl, and promised him great power - Enough to avenge his father and friends - If he would do something. He was told that the leader of this village had orchestrated the ambush and needed to pay, and that if Michael would kill the leader and his family, he would be able to find the power to defeat the lizardmen.

And so, filled with grief and anger, Michael took up his Maul and went to the mayor's house. With little thought, he burst open the door and proceeded about his grim task of slaying the man and his family. As he finished the last of them, he dropped to his knees to look at the blood surrounding him, and the shadowy figure appeared once more.
"Excellent. With this sacrifice, your transformation begins." He smiled and a jolt of eldritch energy shot from the dark space beneath his cloak, to impact with Michaels chest. When Michael awoke, the dark figure was gone, and he found himself filled with powerful arcane energies. Without a moment's hesitation, he used these powers to hunt down and kill every lizazrdman in the swamp. When his task was complete, he set back out into the world, not even noticing how the power had changed him. He had become a much more grim, dark person.

It was two years later, after a night of dark and unspeakable acts, that he heard an all-too familiar sigh behind him as he readied for bed. Turning, he found the spirit of his father shaking his head "you have become evil, my son. You are tainted by the dark energies of that demon."
"No Father, I have become strong, and I have avenged you - Your spirit should NOT be here!"
"But I am here, son. I have not been avenged, I have been betrayed! You work for the very beast that betrayed and killed us all. It was not the lizards that ambushed us, but the demon. All so that he could get to you.. I have little time, son, in which to tell you everything, but you must believe me, his dark energies will consume you and neither of us shall ever find rest. Turn away from him, Michael - Find the light.. Find me.."
[/sblock]

My planned level progression after this point is either 2 or 4 paladin, depending on whether or not you will be allowing me to try for the Enlightened Spirit PrC from Complete Mage.

Last edited:

Tiali

First Post
Thanks Jemal :p Character looks good so far. Wand or scrolls up to you. I would definately do something with healing (maybe a healing belt from magic item compendium, or potions) since you are going to be in melee with less hitpoints than an average melee character.

@everyone, session 1 is up: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/255400-pain-pride-prejudice.html#post4776190. I began with a little roleplaying to allow you to 'get into character'.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
hmm.. it may have been scartails clan. Truthfuly I haven't yet read other peoples backgrounds, this just kinda came at me as I was making the character, and I decided to write it down. Could be interesting information for them to come across IC!

Theroc

First Post
Scartail's entire clan was slaughtered by a human village cutting a swath through the swamp to kill the 'monsters' living there. For years they'd had minor clashes. (Humans seeing Lizardfolk in the dark, going, "MONSTER!" and attacking, then getting their asses handed to them and running away to tell the stories of how the monsters ambushed them and brutalized them before they could escape.)

Eventually the entire village went in angry-lynch-mob style.

Scartail was the only survivor. If Michael wasn't alone, the two could be connected.

However, I do not believe Scartail would take kindly at all to the discovery, and our grappling Half-ogre would need to physically restrain Scartail from attempting to impale Michael with his variety of sharp pointy things. Would definitely be interesting. Just... well... Scartail IS going to be a raging barbarian... so yeah.

Whichever way it works out, it'll be fine. Just one will illicit a more violent reaction from Scartail in the future. Though, depending how Seamus and Scartail interact, Seamus might end up having some sway over Scartail(due to his reverence for Dragons.)

Tiali

First Post
Theroc = He wasn't anticipating combat, but who knows when the humans would lose their minds and start in on a xenophobic rampage.

Lmao :lol: = 'nough said.

Couldn't stop laughing when I read this.

Remove ads