DnD 3.5 - Valley of the Dead

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Helm be praised!!!

The great god has givin me an avenue to finally play my boastful braggart of The Watcher...

Woe to those who think that the mighty Helm is dead, for he has come to me and granted me my prayers and told me what I must do to once again
allow others to share in the divine blessings of the Vigilant One.

And it is to the Valley of the Dead that I must travel. Whom among you wishes to join me and the spirit of Helm in the greatest of adventures?

[sblock=ooc] can I join? [/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
The great god has givin me an avenue to finally play my boastful braggart of The Watcher...

Woe to those who think that the mighty Helm is dead, for he has come to me and granted me my prayers and told me what I must do to once again
allow others to share in the divine blessings of the Vigilant One.

And it is to the Valley of the Dead that I must travel. Whom among you wishes to join me and the spirit of Helm in the greatest of adventures?

[sblock=ooc] can I join? [/sblock]

I see no reason why not, but I'm just the meatshield-to-be.

jager0727

First Post
Sounds interesting, (seems like the kind of Dming I look for and try to do tabletop) I see you've got five interested but I'll keep checking the thread out to see what actually happens and maybe toss a character up (if nothing else for a reserve spot if it happens). Depending on what happens with the other two games I'm looking at (the one may or may not happen at this point, Wizard's forum is down for a bit so we'll see who's still in when the dust settles) and what type of posting schedule everyone's looking at.
Been awhile since I got a chance to play mid-levels since my tabletop group all sort of dissipated across the country.

wysiwyg

First Post
I'd like to play some kind of rogue-ish PC.

However sneak attack is a major class ability for rogues and is useless against undead. Can anyone think of anything (feat/weapon/something) that allows the sneak attack to be useful against undead? I don't want to play a PC that has it's biggest combat oomph taken away from him.

wysiwyg

First Post
BTW Myth,

I just want to say: don't worry about your lack of rules familiarity. You'll see how being a DM will throw you into the deepend, and in no time you'll pick up whatever you feel you're missing.

Also, imho, from the other game session that we're in, I can tell you have a great background in medieval history, good character depth and excellent writing skills, as well as that you're consistant in your posts. These factors will make you one of the great DMs on this site.

Don't get carried away now...;)

jager0727

First Post
I'd like to play some kind of rogue-ish PC.

However sneak attack is a major class ability for rogues and is useless against undead. Can anyone think of anything (feat/weapon/something) that allows the sneak attack to be useful against undead? I don't want to play a PC that has it's biggest combat oomph taken away from him.

well if you take one level of a divine class able to turn undead and at least three levels of rogue with 8 ranks in knowledge(religion) and a good alignment you can take the skullclan hunter PrC from the miniatures handbook and sneak attack undead for +1d6 (stacks with rogue sneaks and nifty "divine strike" class feature allows all attacks vs undead to act as sneak if I remember right) at exactly 8th level (i.e: rogue3/cleric1/skullclan hunter3)
or "death's ruin" alternative class feature (I think) from complete champion allows 1/2 normal sneak attack damage vs undead but you trade off trap sense for it.
I think I remember a feat somewhere once too (can't look it up for you at present since digging through all the books takes way to long) but it may have been epic or in a 3.0 book.

wysiwyg

First Post
well if you take one level of a divine class able to turn undead and at least three levels of rogue with 8 ranks in knowledge(religion) and a good alignment you can take the skullclan hunter PrC from the miniatures handbook and sneak attack undead for +1d6 (stacks with rogue sneaks and nifty "divine strike" class feature allows all attacks vs undead to act as sneak if I remember right) at exactly 8th level (i.e: rogue3/cleric1/skullclan hunter3)
or "death's ruin" alternative class feature (I think) from complete champion allows 1/2 normal sneak attack damage vs undead but you trade off trap sense for it.
I think I remember a feat somewhere once too (can't look it up for you at present since digging through all the books takes way to long) but it may have been epic or in a 3.0 book.

Thanks for the reply.
Re: skullclan hunter - Trading off 4 levels of rogue for this class is definetly not worth it. I don't really wish to play a PrC yet.

The feat sounds interesting as I would not have to go way off the mark to play a core rule class. If it comes back to you, please let me know.

wysiwyg

First Post
Exchanging trap sense is not a bad idea. How about it Myth - can I exchange the rogue's trap sense class ability to have sneak attacks function against all creatures instead of a limited list? All other restrictions for sneak attack still apply.

Remove ads