Do you have evil PCs in your campaign(s)?

Do you have evil PCs in your campaign(s)?

• I never have and I don't plan on it.

Votes: 23 23.7%
  • I never have but I would like to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have in the past but not right now. I liked it.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • I have in the past but not right now. I didn't like it.

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • I'm currently in an all evil campaign.

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • I'm currently in a campaign with mixed alignments, some evil.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.1%

Fenes

First Post
In my very first AD&D campaign, we had a lawful-evil PC, which played his alignment very well, but still came out as the most benign and goodly next to my "chaotic-neutral with good tendencies" bard when compared to the "Chaotic-bloodthirsty" rest of the group.

One current campaign has a paladin in it, which precludes evil PCs.

The other current campaign currently has one party member getting seduced by the dark side, so to speak - the duelist is taking lessons in a temple whose head priestess is evil - and the rest of the party not being that better off - one rogue is greedy and has few morals, both the cleric and the fighter frequent the temple as well.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Eye Tyrant said:

Not meant as a personal slam to you Bovine, or anyone else for that matter, but this is what I meant when I said that playing an Evil PC well required a certain bit of maturity... Seems the Thief that killed you was all hosed up due to who was playing him. How old were the players when this group was together? Sounds like some stuff we did when I was a kid.

We were all 19 or 20 (first and second year university students). That is what scared me about these guys. I had known some of them for half a semester but most (thief player included) I had never gamed with before.

The game fell apart shortly thereafter due to another player quitting (that left only 3 I think including the DM).

I agree that it does require a level of maturity to run evil characters but the hassles that come from inner-party conflicts (and I have never heard of an evil campaign where that didn't come up) just make the job of DMing a big headache.

I wouldn't run an evil campaign again but I would do a one-shot adventure with evil characters (and even have run one with the PCs all being evil humaoids like Orcs, Ogres etc.. - now THAT was a lot of fun).

Like I said I would never berate someone for playing evil campaigns but just don't expect me to ever run one. :)

Remove ads