• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Do you wear a watch?

Do you wear a watch?

• Yes, most of the time.

Votes: 56 44.1%
  • Yes, but only some of the time.

Votes: 7 5.5%
  • No, I just look at a clock.

Votes: 20 15.7%
  • No, I get the time from my cell phone, PDA, etc.

Votes: 34 26.8%
  • No, I seldom care what time it is.

Votes: 10 7.9%

Katcracker

First Post
Even though I often have a cell phone, blackberry, or some other computer gadget to let me know the time, if I need to know what tiem it is I still look to my wrist first. So I still wear one be it an expensive hard to read evening one, an everyday one, a special water one, or a sports one. However, I find it really difficult to sleep with a watch on, but that's really it.

Roadkill101

Explorer
I haven't owned a watch since '90, IIRC. I carry a Nextel at work, so if there's a need to document something I get the time off of it. Otherwise I'll look at a clock if I need to know the time.

crybaby

First Post
trancejeremy said:
No, I'm allergic to them. Plastic or metal, I get a rash from them.

Might you be allergic to nickel? One of my brothers is allergic to nickel and can't wear any watches because of the metal backing. Those with a plastic backing usually have metal screws on the edges and are enough to cause his arm to rash after several days.

Torm

Explorer
kenobi65 said:
I've worn one since I was maybe 7.
Me, too - and always some variant of Armitron or Casio calculator watch. My present watch is a Databank 150, which I actually use ALL of the features on. :)

ssampier

First Post
I'm the opposite. I feel naked without my watch. If I don't wear my watch, I'm either late or early, and I forget the date.

My watch is a Timex Expedition. I like the three separate alarms configurable for weekday, weekend, and everyday.

BTW, my watch is rarely wrong, usually off a few seconds (unlike my computer which loses time like no tomorrow).

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ssampier said:
I'm the opposite. I feel naked without my watch.
Me too. No one notices when I streak. :uhoh:

I found out today my watch is off by like 15 minutes! I thought it was off by 5 in the other direction!

Remove ads