• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who teaser (launch Oct 31st)

Dausuul

Legend
I guess it's the "leave them wanting more" philosophy. :(
Not working very well, then. If that's the quality of the coming season, I want rather less. Weeping Angels with Sontarans? That's like pairing the Nazgul with the Penguin.

It's a pity. I was really stoked to see what Jodie Whitaker would do with the role, and I liked her performance--but she was given such godawful scripts. I wish she were sticking around for at least one season with Russell T. Davies, so we could see what the Thirteenth Doctor is like with a really good writer at the helm.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Not working very well, then. If that's the quality of the coming season, I want rather less. Weeping Angels with Sontarans? That's like pairing the Nazgul with the Penguin.
There's certainly very much a "let's see what we can dig up out of the props and costumes cupboards" to the way those names were just flung out.

Oh well, I don't have a TV licence anymore anyway, so for me it was always going to be "wait and see whether it's rated as any good, and then buy the series on YouTube later if it seems worth it."

Ryujin

Legend
It felt like an hour long trailer.

And the sound quality was poor - not uncommon for BBC productions these days.
I don't usually have an issue with various UK accents and had to keep turning up the sound in order to get what they were saying, at the beginning of the episode.

I don't usually have an issue with various UK accents and had to keep turning up the sound in order to get what they were saying, at the beginning of the episode.
It wasn't the accents, Jodie Whittaker has pretty much the same accent as me, but I still had trouble understanding some of the dialogue, especially in the opening sequence.

Remove ads