• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Doctor Who teaser (launch Oct 31st)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I had trouble too — it’s the swelling background music drowning out the dialogue. I had to rewatch the whole thing with subtitles. Interestingly I enjoyed it a lot more the second time round and caught a lot more of the detail.

Omand

Hero
Agreed on the sound. I am Canadian, but lived in the UK for 3 years and learned to pick up most accents pretty well. I have usually not had any problems in prior seasons with understanding, but this last episode was really bad for sound balance. Lots of times where the background music or sound effects were far, far, far too loud for the dialogue.

Someone was not doing quality control on the sound mixing.

Cheers :)

Davies has a lot of work to do to repair this franchise. The viewship has dropped dramatically since episode 1 of this season. the last episode was which was just awful and drew its lowest rating of new who in its history of new who (which broke the previous weeks viewership. Thank goodness it appears theres only 1 more episode.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Davies has a lot of work to do to repair this franchise. The viewship has dropped dramatically since episode 1 of this season. the last episode was which was just awful and drew its lowest rating of new who in its history of new who (which broke the previous weeks viewership. Thank goodness it appears theres only 1 more episode.
On the contrary, I think this season is some of the best Who in years. I’m very much enjoying it.

Marc Radle

Legend
Not sure if it’s a UK vs American thing, but I just cannot get into Doctor Who. I’ve tried a few times to watch it over the years , but it just seems so cheesy and low budjet.

That’s honestly not a criticism … more just an observation I guess. I know tons of folks in the UK that love the show, but any time I ask an American friend, coworker, etc., about the show, the universal response it ‘nope, not into that show at all!”

I’m honestly curious - is it just kind of more a British / UK thing to be into the show?

Herschel

Adventurer
This series has been brilliant. There are a lot of threads finally coming together now and it hasn't been friendly to people messing with their phones, etc. rather than paying attention the whole time, but it's paying off for those who have.

Remove ads