• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Donating Gaming Supplies to Military Personnel?

Goldmoon

First Post
My neighbor and I have used the following Web sites to send care packages to our troops. Our service men and women post there about things they and their comrades could use and addresses where they can be sent. I've sent everything from candy and toiletries to sci fi and fantasy paperback novels. I like these sites because they are so personal/one-on-one. And our troops are always so appreciative of the support they get from back home - I've gotten a lot of postcards, letters and photos. Check through the postings - you probably find someone looking for gaming supplies.

AnySoldier.com
AnySailor.com
AnyMarine.com
AnyAirman.com
AnyCoastGuardsman.com

I am currently in Iraq for the sixth time and I have recieved many things from Anyairman.com. It started as anysoldier but it has branched out. This would be my suggestion. Search the profiled and see who needs what. I always bring dice and a few .pdf's on my laptop but I just havent found many others to play with this trip. Trust me though when I say we appreciate everything sent.

Rechan

Adventurer
I am currently in Iraq for the sixth time and I have recieved many things from Anyairman.com. It started as anysoldier but it has branched out. This would be my suggestion. Search the profiled and see who needs what.
You know, I did a search (dice, dragon, etc) and only one poster/unit seems to be asking for it: Jankowski, PFC Adam.

Goldmoon

First Post
You know, I did a search (dice, dragon, etc) and only one poster/unit seems to be asking for it: Jankowski, PFC Adam.

Thats too bad. I know a lot of guys are embarased to put gaming supplies down. I would have my own profile if I were stable but I move around too much right now.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Long time no see, Goldmoon- stay safe, and thank you for your service.

I realize you guys and gals appreciate what we send, but do you have any tips based on your personal experience that might be helpful?

You know, like "Don't send games with small, sand colored pieces to servicemen in Iraq" type stuff?

Last edited:

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This airman quotes Drizzt Do'Urden on his page (twice). I strongly suspect he would appreciate some gaming supplies and/or FR books and materials.

SrA Michael H. Gomez
Attn: Any Airman®
20 EASOS
FOB KALSU
APO AE 09312

Airman's Title: Romad
APO/FPO: APO AE (1*)
Added here: 07 November 2008
Expected to leave Iraq: 01 May 2009 (3*)
Where in Country: (Removed for OPSEC reasons) (4*)
Contact for approx number of Males: 8, Females: 0 (5*)
Unit is from: Germany (6*)
Restrictions to this address: Here (7*)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads