Dragon 353 came early!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Razz said:
All Modron fans here better send a letter to Paizo when #354 comes out begging for the rest of the Modrons...or else...um...or else Formians will be the new lawful entities. :(

they already sort of are, aren't they? 100 magazine articles probably won't change that.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Razz said:
If I recall correctly, the Keepers actually originated when a member of Fraternity of Order discovered loopholes of the Laws of the Multiverse and ended up creating his own multiverse.

And that was the primary origin story I kept with in the article :) He either created a new multiverse de-novo and pulled the Keepers from it, or he found a way to access other, already pre-existant realities, and found the Keepers in one of them. The mention of ether gaps late in the article hints that it's the latter.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I like formians; I used them in the setting described in my "Limited-Resource Campaign Design" thread.

I don't think they're good as the paragons of Law.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mine arrived on Saturday. Fantastic issue. I read it nearly cover to cover (well, skipping First Watch as always).

James - You did it again. The Malcanthet Demonomicon was fantastic! And the artwork...wow. That's an interesting take on the incubus, and I liked the fact that the "Malcanthet's Realm" section didn't rehash FCII. All in all, great article.

Shemeska - Both the demiplanes and ecology of the keeper were wonderful. It's great to have Moil resurface, and I could definitely have fun with the Black Abyss. :cool:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finally, ironically, I've gotten a chance to read more of this. Great demi-plane article - this kind of article is the reason Dragon exists (as are the Demonicon articles).

The FR outsiders article and accompanying stat blocks make me pine for the old days of 1 column's worth of data to run a monster (sort of, anyway).

Nice write-up on the good-guy archonmentals - the motives/goals sections (can't remember the name at work) were good - they weren't all the same.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
James - You did it again.

uhoh - now you did it!

Shade said:
It's great to have Moil resurface

yeah, now we don't have to worry about sending in a query on that one anymore. ;)

Zaukrie said:
Nice write-up on the good-guy archonmentals - the motives/goals sections (can't remember the name at work) were good - they weren't all the same.

thanks. :) the archomentals started off fairly different from one another, so we took that and ran with it - you can thank Monte for that. ;)

Zarnam

First Post
Finally got my own Dragon #353 :D

James, since I know you are dropping in from time to time to see what's cooking, I have a question for you - because we already know that the next Demonomicon is about Demogorgon I am very curious about what CR might he be given (you gave this hint about Malcanthet, so why not about Demmy ??)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Zarnam said:
Finally got my own Dragon #353 :D

James, since I know you are dropping in from time to time to see what's cooking, I have a question for you - because we already know that the next Demonomicon is about Demogorgon I am very curious about what CR might he be given (you gave this hint about Malcanthet, so why not about Demmy ??)
It's been mentioned a few times on other threads that the Demonomicon Demogorgon will probably be CR 32. Like here.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads