• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon 353 came early!

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Razz said:
All Modron fans here better send a letter to Paizo when #354 comes out begging for the rest of the Modrons...or else...um...or else Formians will be the new lawful entities. :(

they already sort of are, aren't they? 100 magazine articles probably won't change that.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Razz said:
If I recall correctly, the Keepers actually originated when a member of Fraternity of Order discovered loopholes of the Laws of the Multiverse and ended up creating his own multiverse.

And that was the primary origin story I kept with in the article :) He either created a new multiverse de-novo and pulled the Keepers from it, or he found a way to access other, already pre-existant realities, and found the Keepers in one of them. The mention of ether gaps late in the article hints that it's the latter.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I like formians; I used them in the setting described in my "Limited-Resource Campaign Design" thread.

I don't think they're good as the paragons of Law.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Mine arrived on Saturday. Fantastic issue. I read it nearly cover to cover (well, skipping First Watch as always).

James - You did it again. The Malcanthet Demonomicon was fantastic! And the artwork...wow. That's an interesting take on the incubus, and I liked the fact that the "Malcanthet's Realm" section didn't rehash FCII. All in all, great article.

Shemeska - Both the demiplanes and ecology of the keeper were wonderful. It's great to have Moil resurface, and I could definitely have fun with the Black Abyss. :cool:

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Finally, ironically, I've gotten a chance to read more of this. Great demi-plane article - this kind of article is the reason Dragon exists (as are the Demonicon articles).

The FR outsiders article and accompanying stat blocks make me pine for the old days of 1 column's worth of data to run a monster (sort of, anyway).

Nice write-up on the good-guy archonmentals - the motives/goals sections (can't remember the name at work) were good - they weren't all the same.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Shade said:
James - You did it again.

uhoh - now you did it!

Shade said:
It's great to have Moil resurface

yeah, now we don't have to worry about sending in a query on that one anymore. ;)

Zaukrie said:
Nice write-up on the good-guy archonmentals - the motives/goals sections (can't remember the name at work) were good - they weren't all the same.

thanks. :) the archomentals started off fairly different from one another, so we took that and ran with it - you can thank Monte for that. ;)

Zarnam

First Post
Finally got my own Dragon #353 :D

James, since I know you are dropping in from time to time to see what's cooking, I have a question for you - because we already know that the next Demonomicon is about Demogorgon I am very curious about what CR might he be given (you gave this hint about Malcanthet, so why not about Demmy ??)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Zarnam said:
Finally got my own Dragon #353 :D

James, since I know you are dropping in from time to time to see what's cooking, I have a question for you - because we already know that the next Demonomicon is about Demogorgon I am very curious about what CR might he be given (you gave this hint about Malcanthet, so why not about Demmy ??)
It's been mentioned a few times on other threads that the Demonomicon Demogorgon will probably be CR 32. Like here.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads