• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragoon's RttToEE IC

Dragoon

First Post
The old door opens slightly with a creep and a groan, a odd looking youg fellow with desheveld hair peeks out from beyond the door.

"Haa it must be me you seek, my words ar not for the meek."

Then with a pause, he adds, "Please come in hither, for you start to quiver."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Grinning at the young man Eglath says to his companions, "Now we know he didn't answer the door on time, because he had to think up a rhyme." Striding forward and addressing the young man he adds "please kind sir don't grouse, we come to ask about the moathouse." Eglath is practically beaming finding this game to his liking.

Castigator

First Post
With an overplayed groan, Ascalante enters the small hut after the rhyming Goliath - his eyes betraying the old Bards glee at playing along with the two.

"Our huge, grey friend came right to the matter
The moathouse we must find - the sooner the better
And since the tales of this foul place are truly obscure
We've come here, knowing you would help us for sure.
"​

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vardin rolls his eyes, but keeps his mouth shut. Instead, he intently looks around the room, trying to get a measure of the man they are dealing with.

Dragoon

First Post
"Ahh the moathouse you seek, beware 'tis not for the meek."

Todariche, then with a smile upon his face, ""The trail starts near the lord's keep, it will lead ye to the abandoned keep."

Todariche jumps with delight with his rhyme!

Castigator

First Post
Ascalante nods gratefully at the information presented by Todariche.

"This will certainly help us find the way.
and keep us of from going far astray.
"​

Fixing the Sage with his crisp blue eyes, he tries to find the right tone for both a game of rhymes and a possibly lethal search for evil cultists.

"Full of great, great evil is the moathous's history.
So maybe you'd have more to share on this dark mystery.
If we're to find there darkness, breeding once again.
Our lifes may well depend on what information we can obtain.
"​

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

"Indeed the bard is quite right, tell us how to best apply our might. By knowing some of the dangers we'll face, you give something on which our plans to base."

Dragoon

First Post
Todariche, rubs his chin for a moment then reply's,
"Ahh yes, tools to bring, along on your fling."
Then adds, "But for me to say, I need some form of pay."

Scotley

Hero
Eglath Goliath Fighter

Eglath glances down at his money pouch with something close to dispair on his face then glances around at his companions. After only a short pause he addresses the sage. "How much do you charge, our pouch is not large. Maybe we could do a trade, if that is the way the game is played. We plan to visit the moat house site you see, could we share what we find to reduce the fee?"

Castigator

First Post
Ascalante takes a step back from Todariche, crossing his arms before his chest and taking a new measure of the Sage (Sense Motive = 16).

"I think there's been some misunderstanding." the Bard states quietly (and notably dropping the rhyming game)
"We probe this moathouse for the safety of this community. So this is neither a looting expedition nor a business conversation and if the honorable sage Todariche Nem has nothing further to contribute the safety and wellbeing of this town, than I guess we're finished."

With that, Ascalante turns on the heel with a slightely exaggerated whirl of his cloak and heads for the door.

Remove ads