• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drowquest [4e] OOC:

EvolutionKB

First Post
CS up in the RG. Thoughts?

How are we going to handle the cloud of darkness power? By rule, we can't see through each others clouds. Cloud of darkness is probably going to be my chosen power over darkfire. That way I can close to melee, make darkness, and then attack them. I gain CA to hit them and they gain a huge penalty to attack me or they can shift away and draw an attack from combat challenge.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
I think by raw, the creatures inside the cloud are blinded, but from outside, it should be nothing more than a zone of darkness. At least that's how I read it...

Atanatotatos

First Post
Yeah, but it makes a huge difference since we are all playing drows. So if we can see through another's zone of darkness it creates some interesting tactical possibilities, like creating a huge dark zone no enemy can see through or such.
On the other hand, darkfire too has some uses; in some cases, you'd rather get all of the party CA against a single foe, rather than a great bonus for you in a small area.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
The Darkness specifically says it blocks line of sight for everyone except the caster. Even the Drow Aracnomancer has this problem.
By default burst/blast powers ignore concealment but some martial powers specify "each target in burst that you can see.."

the tempest looks good EB, care to describe your heirloom?

we are still missing defcon's character, and the wizards background. (and spellbook)

Also if everyone could list the numbers on their basic attacks (at least) it streamlines things down the road.

In the cases for PCs missing a turn would you prefer the DM using an at-will on the last/obvious target or another player making a tactical decision and using any and all abilities?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I'll have my character up tonight... using the Character Builder at home.

I have noticed that it really isn't possible/useful to have a tanking pet while the PC stays back and attacks at range. The powers that use the pet all require the PC to be within melee range. So I'll be a melee ranger it seems. Big question for me is what weapon(s) to fight with.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Def: there is a major advantage for a ranged character with a flying companion when confronting a ranged opponent. Have you companion hover over the head of your foe while you target him; he won't be able to use ranged attacks or moving away without drawing OAs.

Also, if there is an obvious tactical advantage the party has permission to use Djaar's full abilities (provided you don't get him killed :D).

renau1g

First Post
we are still missing defcon's character, and the wizards background. (and spellbook)

Also if everyone could list the numbers on their basic attacks (at least) it streamlines things down the road.

In the cases for PCs missing a turn would you prefer the DM using an at-will on the last/obvious target or another player making a tactical decision and using any and all abilities?

I'll get my background up today.

As for the other question, I'd prefer that the DM use an at-will to keep things moving faster. For Nashquiri, his bread & butter will be the illusory ambush, unless he can catch more than one enemy in the scorching burst.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
DEFCON : reach weapon such as a polearm, a pair of light blades, or a light blade/hand crossbow combination may be the best choices. The last two would allow you to dip into either ranged/TWF powers, while the reach weapon gives you the most options for spider attacks. (feel free to describe a polearm as a ransure, glaive-guisarme, fauchard, or lucern hammer) they all use glaive stats

Remember to chose a dialog color or typeface for your PC as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads