• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Drowquest [4e] OOC:

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'm okay with Insight making an at-will for me if needed. I post daily in all my games so it shouldn't be a problem though.

I'll add a description to my heirloom soon enough.

CoD is good for a wizard as well. They can get CA on many people with ranged burst powers.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
EKB: One of the companies two lieutenants, the Blademaster Sycorax has taken a liking to Vorgrym and is responsible for giving him the blade.

DEFCON I am having a hard time reconciling the fact that your ranger has completed a term of service and is so much less powerful than a drow warrior (level 11). Additionally the drow military is mostly based on families or city defense. Your past does describe a family member in a mercenary unit pretty well. He could even be a current member of Abbil-Belern, however...

The company suffered heavy losses on a successful mission a few months back, and is in a rebuilding period.

Abbil-Belern Org chart:
Captain Isolid
2 Lieutenants, Prospero, Sycorax
4 patrol units, patrol leader +6
2 training patrols, veteran patrolman +6

the other training unit probably has a sorcerer, bard and druid + others

The game will begin shortly.
Game Thread

Last edited:

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
No prob. I'll edit it. I wrote it last night at like midnight, so I wasn't too particular about the details since I was half asleep.

Rather than having served in the unit, I'll just say that he's been following his father all along and that the game itself is his first indoctrination into the lifestyle and job.

gabrion

First Post
It looks like you have a full group, but if you don't mind I would like to offer myself up as an alt. I had a lot of fun in a RL all drow game I played, so this looks like a lot of fun.

I'll forgo choosing a role until the occasion arises when you might need me. I have lots of different concepts in mind, so I won't mind picking up for anyone.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Yeah okay your an alt gabrion - I do have two other alts but their interest may wain by the time we need a new player.
New characters are assumed to have been in the other training squad, and got away from the cave-in by heading in another direction.

BTW Undead Caliban's initiative is 12, if active players did better, you can post actions as well.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
for the skill challenge do you folks want just the facts to puzzle through or enough assumptions and inferences to lay a clear path to another scene?

I'll lay out the facts gained first, and further details later if needed/requested.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Nerdytenor: The bard sounds fun, but his history assumes to much experience. It is more likely that he joined the mercenary troop before journeying out on his own. He may intend to just get the basics of surviving from them, be looking for future companions or have lowered his sights to the closer goal of patrol leader, as the company places a high value on leaders.

Also a few more details in the RG post would be helpful, like the stats to your at-wills and a list of trained skills.

Recent events for new PCs [sblock] There was secret passage, which your patrol leader shoved you through, and any of the other trainees to survive. He turned and held off the enemies. You noticed the drow leading the attackers seemed o be wearing red robes.
OOC: if you can think of another way of surviving - like a bluff, stealth, being knocked out or being trapped in a pocket that was closer to the entrance that would be okay. My suggestion means you missed the conversation between the attackers and other PCs. [/sblock]

Ata: The chaos mage sorcerer sure looks random. Wild soul rerolls every extended rest, but Chaos Burst happens each round you attack. Unfettered Power works on 1 or 20's, and Chaos bolt has a cascading effect 50% of the time... do you have to make the secondary attack? can you target a wall or does it spill onto your friends, if there are no legit targets?

I will allow it as a DM, but I think its too random for me to play one for a long game. (I did play a Wildmage in 2ed - but the game didn't last long.)
You will need to change Djaar's background as well, unstead of being useless, he was more likely a loose cannon.

I'll post the next event tomorrow ....

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads