• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God! (Updated: Oct 09/05) Spoiler Free Thread

Ranger REG

Explorer
Acid_crash said:
Despite Paris in the movie, could it be worse than the first one???
By associating her name with the second film, it is automatically worse.

Acid_crash said:
I would rather have Paris in the movie than that woman who played the dark elf or that child princess in the first one... she couldn't be worse, could she?
Compared to the actress that portrayed the elf ranger, Paris is worse.

I mean, you gotta be on acid to consider Paris's acting qualification, even if she's casting for a Troma "B" films.

Frostmarrow

First Post
I'm okay with Paris Hilton, Justin Whalin, Courtney Solomon, Steve Urkel or whomever
-AS LONG AS THEY DON'T USE THE DWARF FOR COMIC RELIEF.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Frostmarrow said:
I'm okay with Paris Hilton, Justin Whalin, Courtney Solomon, Steve Urkel or whomever
-AS LONG AS THEY DON'T USE THE DWARF FOR COMIC RELIEF.
You mean the dwarf that's just as tall as the humans are? ;)

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
LostSoul said:
I'll go against the majority here and say Cool.

I like Paris Hilton. She's funny.
Funny how?? In Bed? (sorry, couldn't help that:] ) Nothing against her personally, but what star quality could she bring to this...ah...uhm, film?

Last edited:

reanjr

First Post
Kai Lord said:
Well its official. We'll never see that D&D movie we've all been waiting for. We'll never see an epic live action film that actually brings to life elves, halflings, orcs, dwarves, rangers, battles with trolls in dungeons, badass undead riding nightmarish mounts, awesome battles and intimate drama in a fantasy setting.

Oh well. I guess such an event will just have to live on in our dreams. ;)

Wasn't that called Lord of the Rings?

Except for the mounts.

But that Cave Troll thing was D&D straight up. It was even turn-based (don't believe me, watch it again)

Last edited:

Sketchpad

Explorer
Honestly, I didn't mind the movie ... thought it was a lot of fun. My quibbles were minor ones (like the Elf, the Dwarf's height and, as much as I like him, having Tom Baker as an elf). If they could beef up the effects a bit, take Paris and give her a brainless role (like a princess that needs to be saved or some such) and then have a few other actors with a bit better casting, I think it'd be an okay movie. Mind you, I'd like to see a nice, big production of one of the iconic modules (mm .. Ravenloft), but I doubt that'll happen.

tecnowraith

First Post
Acid_crash said:
On another side, does anybody know what this movie will be about?

Yeah it is the exact same plot and story of the first film but now we have a black pearl instead of a staff and a black dragon instead of read and gold ones.

They should write a whole new story andset in a different world, instead of rehash the old one. PLEASE!!!

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sketchpad said:
Honestly, I didn't mind the movie ... thought it was a lot of fun. My quibbles were minor ones (like the Elf, the Dwarf's height and, as much as I like him, having Tom Baker as an elf). If they could beef up the effects a bit, take Paris and give her a brainless role (like a princess that needs to be saved or some such) and then have a few other actors with a bit better casting, I think it'd be an okay movie. Mind you, I'd like to see a nice, big production of one of the iconic modules (mm .. Ravenloft), but I doubt that'll happen.
I can only accept Paris for a 3-second cameo and she does not speak. If she utters a sound, even a moan, I'll send a bounty hunter after Courtney Solomon and Joel Silver.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Plot Summary

Taken right from the IMDb webpage...

Plot Summary for
Dungeons & Dragons: The Sequel (2005)

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: THE SEQUEL is based upon the highly successful role playing game, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. The sequel's adventure tells the story of an evil wizard who steals a black orb which controls a sleeping black dragon. An aspiring sorceress and a decorated warrior are summoned to defend the kingdom as evil forces lay waste. A battle for control of the kingdom unfolds in this classic tale of good vs. evil.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads