• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God! (Updated: Oct 09/05) Spoiler Free Thread

Wombat

First Post
Okay, bear with me on this one, but I truly believe this second one CANNOT be worse.

Why so? Here are my thoughts.

In the first one you had big buildup, a lot of hope and some actual actors. The movie then proceeded to suck dirty swamp water.

On the other hand, this one will have no real buildup, absolutely no hope, and pathetic actors. Yes, the movie will be terrible, but since our expectations are so low, IT WILL ACTUALLY SEEM GOOD IN COMPARISON!

...come to think of it, that's not really good news, is it...?

Hey, it least it'll probably end up straight-to-disc...

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Wombat said:
Okay, bear with me on this one, but I truly believe this second one CANNOT be worse.

In the first one you had big buildup, a lot of hope and some actual actors. The movie then proceeded to suck dirty swamp water.

On the other hand, this one will have no real buildup, absolutely no hope, and pathetic actors. Yes, the movie will be terrible, but since our expectations are so low, IT WILL ACTUALLY SEEM GOOD IN COMPARISON!

ROFL:lol:

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Knightfall1972 said:
Taken right from the IMDb webpage...

Plot Summary for
Dungeons & Dragons: The Sequel (2005)

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: THE SEQUEL is based upon the highly successful role playing game, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. The sequel's adventure tells the story of an evil wizard who steals a black orb which controls a sleeping black dragon. An aspiring sorceress and a decorated warrior are summoned to defend the kingdom as evil forces lay waste. A battle for control of the kingdom unfolds in this classic tale of good vs. evil.
Dragons again??????

Like get a life, and seek something else...maybe Ms. Hilton...wait, strike that thought *shivers*

Acid_crash

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Taken right from the IMDb webpage...

Plot Summary for
Dungeons & Dragons: The Sequel (2005)

DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS: THE SEQUEL is based upon the highly successful role playing game, DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS. The sequel's adventure tells the story of an evil wizard who steals a black orb which controls a sleeping black dragon. An aspiring sorceress and a decorated warrior are summoned to defend the kingdom as evil forces lay waste. A battle for control of the kingdom unfolds in this classic tale of good vs. evil.

That's a better plot than the first movie at least. As long as they don't use beholders as guard dogs :)

Acid_crash

First Post
Wombat said:

LMAO :D

That is funny and probably oh so very very true.

I would say that the first one did have high hopes and expecations, and this one has absolutely none so anything will probably meet our expectations, and maybe even exceed them a bit. :)

Templetroll

Explorer
Acid_crash said:
That's a better plot than the first movie at least. As long as they don't use beholders as guard dogs :)

Okay, so Paris Hilton is the sorceress, Jack Black would be great as the Eeeevil wizard and the guy who was the thief in the first one is the decorated warrior, but we know he is a bit of a coward.

Do you think Snails gets resurrected for this one?

Since they already messed up beholders, what monster will they screw up this time? I think it will be green slime or trolls. Supposedly they had worked on a real dungeon sequence so expect them to use what leftover set and script they have for that.

feydras said:
I couldn't care less if Paris Hilton is in it or not. What kills me is that Justin Whalin is returning. His character was the worst thing in a horrible movie. For those who don't remember he was the stupid, bumbling side kick of the hero.

- Feydras

Justin Whalin was the main character, Ridley. Marlon Wayans was Snails, the bumbling sidekick.

Who, while annoying, was nowhere near the worst thing in the movie. I think the title of "Worst" has to go to Jeremy Irons and/or Thora Birch. Why? Because we know they can both act, and act well. So why didn't they? I actually cringed every time one of them attempted to deliver a line.

Sketchpad

Explorer
Why didn't Thora and Jeremy act well? Well, according to some of the talk shows around the time of the first movie, they both admitted that they looked at the movie as a joke ... Thora Birch was even insulted when given a copy of the 3e rules IIRC. Personally, I think I'd rather see Paris Hilton in the role that Thora played ... at least that way the actress would try and play a character ;)

Tyler Do'Urden

Soap Maker
Sketchpad said:
Thora Birch was even insulted when given a copy of the 3e rules IIRC.

:(

Damn, and I had always assumed that Thora was pretty cool... just need to remind myself that she isn't the character that she played in Ghost World, and that I should probably stop sending her naked pictures of me wielding a katana. I'll only do it once a week from now on, I swear!

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sketchpad said:
Why didn't Thora and Jeremy act well? Well, according to some of the talk shows around the time of the first movie, they both admitted that they looked at the movie as a joke ... Thora Birch was even insulted when given a copy of the 3e rules IIRC. Personally, I think I'd rather see Paris Hilton in the role that Thora played ... at least that way the actress would try and play a character ;)
Really? I thought Thora considering being shot in this film as a vacation from the drama-heavy American Beauty.

* pauses *

Why couldn't we get Mena Suvari instead of Paris Hilton?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads