Eberron - The dawn of the warforged (recruitment closed)

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Allright, I'll just sit back and enjoy the RP'ing :). FYI, everything non-magical that wasn't carefully stowed away and protected against the elements is as good as useless, either rotten or corroded. Some of it migt be saved with proper care.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Doghead,

The Inspired are using Q'Barra as some sort of a beachhead, trying to build up a powerbase here. I can imagine they aren't too happy with a psionic warforged strolling about in their new backyard. I can also imagine that HHNN might be a bit weary 'bout them, since his former owner warned him about them. Perhaps a violent confrontation, leaving him with a few dead Riedrans at his feet? Followed by a whole heap of angry Riedrans, using their influence in the gouvernment to try and have him arrested? Someone helping him to get away, and asking for a return favor?

doghead

thotd
Doghead,

The Inspired are using Q'Barra as some sort of a beachhead, trying to build up a powerbase here. I can imagine they aren't too happy with a psionic warforged strolling about in their new backyard. I can also imagine that HHNN might be a bit weary 'bout them, since his former owner warned him about them. Perhaps a violent confrontation, leaving him with a few dead Riedrans at his feet? Followed by a whole heap of angry Riedrans, using their influence in the gouvernment to try and have him arrested? Someone helping him to get away, and asking for a return favor?

Sure. That works. After the group he was working with imploded in the forests of Q'Barre, HHNN would have tracked back to civilisation and started looking for work again. And given his background, a violent confrontation would have been a likely outcome given a crossing of the paths with the Inspired. A 'forged for hire, there are plenty of ways he could have ended up working for Traxxas d'Cannith, the Khalashtar or even the dromites. Anything that would take him back in the direction of Sharn would appeal.

It sounds like the plan is to hook him in as one of the Traxxas group. If thats the case, someone might have to dig him out of the mud :)

HHNN is updated. I did it during a bout of insomnia, so it may be ... um, wonky. The basic idea is built around Psionic Shot - a high Concentration checks bonus to regain psychic focus, and a decent attack bonus with the bow to ensure hits. Rinse and repeat. Let me know if you see any problems.

[sblock=Sheet]'HE HAS NO NAME'
Warforged Psychic Warrior 5
Experience Points: 8,600.
Alignment: Neutral

Str 14 (+2)
Dex 18 (+4)
Con 18 (+4) +2 racial
Int 12 (+1)
Wis 13 (+1) -2 racial, L4 increase
Cha 08 (-1) -2 racial

Action Points 7
HD 5*6+20 (hp 50)
Initiative +6 _____ [+4 dex
Speed 30 __________ [base 30, light armour]
Armour Class 20 ___ [base 10, +6 armour, +4 dex]
- Touch 14 ________ [base 10, +4 dex]
- Flat Footed 16 __ [base 10, +6 armour]
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +3/+5 [L1 power]

BAB +3
- mw Greatsword +5 melee (2d6+3, 19/x2)
- Axe +5 melee (1d6+2, x2)
- Axe +7 range (1d6+2, x2, 10 ft)
- mw Comp longbow (+2STR) +9 range (1d8+2, x3, 110ft)

Skills (2+INT)*8 = 24
- Concentration +15 ____ [8 ranks, +4 con, +3 feat]
- Craft (blacksmith)+9 _ [8 ranks, +1 int]
- Know (psionics) +9 ___ [8 ranks, +1 int]

Feats
- Mithral Body (+5 AC, +5 max dex, -2 ACP) [racial]
- Point Blank Shot (+1 ranged to hit < 30 ft) [L1]
- Psionic Shot (expend focus, +2d6 damage to attack)[L1PW]
- Skill Focus - Concentrate (+3 bonus to skill checks) [L2PW]
- Weapon Focus - longbow (+1 bonus to attack rolls)[L3]
- Psionic Meditation (mv action to regain Psionic focus) [L5PW]

Power Points (7+3)
First Level Powers:
- Metaphysical Weapon (+1 enchantment, 1pp, std, 1min/L, boost)
- Precog Offence (+1 insight to attack rolls, 1 pp, std, 1min/L, boost)
- Empty Mind
Second Level Powers:
- Haste
-

Warforged Traits
- Living Construct Subtype.
- +2 con, -2 wis, -2 cha.
- Medium size.
- Base land speed 30 feet.
- Composite Plating (Mithral Body).
- Light Fortification.
- Natural Weapon: Slam Attack 1d4.

Psychic Warrior Abilities
- Bonus Feats at 1st, 2nd, 5th, 8th, 11th etc
- Skill Points (2+int)/level

Medium, 6'4" tall, 274 lbs, 7 yrs old.

Background

You are not like the other warforged, just as I am not like the other people of this continent, said Minharath in the silent voice he prefered. Of all the kalashitar, Minharath was the one with whom the warforged spent the most time with, and whom seemed to have the most interest in the performance of the warforged, and his development.

We share a link to the Dal Quor, the plane of Dreams, and it gives us powers that the people here have little understanding of.

All in all, Minharath never told the warforged much, but he did mention the Inspired and that they are not only his enemies, but the enemies of all life on Eberron. The warforged got the distinct impression that Minharath was grooming him for something, both by external teachings and more subtle influences. He is certain his former master always intended to tell him more. Indeed, before he was killed in the Mourning, Minharath mentioned a special mission that would follow their trip to Cyre. But the warforged never learned what that mission would have been.

The warforged, as that was all his owners ever called him, was forged about as decade before the end of the Last War at the request of a kalashitar merchant house in Sharn. For a number of years he served his owners as a guard, soldier, labourer, whatever was needed. It was an easy life, despite the war that raged across the continent, for the owners of the warforged had little interest in the outcome. On occasions, however the war came to them, and the warforged fought as he was designed to do.

All that changed on the Day of Mourning. Business had taken the kalashitar to Cyre, and as was often the case, the warforged traveled with them. Nightfall found the warforged fleeing the newly created Mournlands east towards Q'barra with a ragged group of refugees.

It was in Q'Barra that he learnt that there were many warforged, and also that he was free. Since then, the warforged has been working towards earning enough to return to Sharn. But he has not decided if he will return to the kalashitar. The kalashitar were not bad masters, but the warforged hasn't decided yet whether he wishes to be part of their world or not.

Personality:

The warforged has little interest in wondering who he is, or why he is here. He is happy enough with what he knows, that he is a warforged, and he was forged for combat. Free to choose his own path, he has chosen to continue the project of Minharath and see how far he can develop as a Psychic Warrior. Wealth has little appeal for him. Nor does power. He seeks both only as far as he needs either them to be able to do what he needs to do in order to continue to learn.

Appearance:

Warforged stands 6'2" tall, and weights in at about 260 lbs. While tall and broad in the shoulders, he is almost skeletal in appearance. With his mithral body, a fair bit lighter than average. He distains clothing, seeing no need for it.

The brightwork of his body is dulled with a dark wax that serves to both prevent it from glinting in the light, and tarnishing. The wax can easily be removed to reveal the bright-work beneath, but recently warforged has taken to leaving it on, prefering the darker tone and given that the wax is inevitably scratched and rubbed off in places, the slightly battered look of the coated metal. Beneath the wax can be see numerous inscribed marks. They suggest ornamental embellishment, or even dragon marks, but are neither. They are psychic tattoos.

Mithral Body (+1 AC enhancement +1000gp)
Warforged Repair Kit (1 lbs, 50 gp)
Psychic Tattoos (body)
- L1 Chameleon x2 (100 gp)
- L1 Compression x2 (100 gp)
- L1 Expansion x 2 (100 gp)
- L1 Skate x2 (100 gp)
- L2 Animal Afinity x2 (600 gp)
- L2 Body Adjustment x2 (600 gp)
- L2 Darkvision x2 (600 gp)

mw Greatsword (back, 4 lbs, 350 gp)
mw Composite Bow (back, 600 gp)
2x Throwing Axe (waist, 16 gp)
4x Dagger (chest, 8 gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000gp)
Leather case (waist right, 1 lbs, 1 gp)
- Flint and Steel (- lbs, 1 gp)
- Noxious smokestick x3 (1.5 lbs, 240 gp)
- Sunrod x5 (10 lbs, 10 gp)
- Travelling Papers (- lbs, 2 sp)
[/sblock]

TillForPie

First Post
I'm pretty sure House Cannith would be known in Adar but I just want to confirm that before going forward with my next post. Plus I don't know what year Valharath would think it is.

EvilPlatypus

First Post
Yes, everyone is confused as to who/what/where/what year. This is kind of on purpose. As to the Khalashtar. The last time they looked at a calendar the year was 1800, which might cause some confusion since they use a different time reckoning. Chances of knowing how to convert that to Khorvairan yearcount are slim indeed.

Remove ads