ECHO Trailer 2 (2024) Daredevil, Marvel

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Not sure exactly what you are getting at, but I'm guessing its political and best not explored here.

Sure, there are political elements to it. But not all of it is.

Like, say, the entire pandemic? You remember the pandemic, right? Viruses aren't political.

Do you think we've gone through years of that without any significant change to, shall we call it the cultural zeitgeist?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Sure, there are political elements to it. But not all of it is.

Like, say, the entire pandemic? You remember the pandemic, right? Viruses aren't political.

Do you think we've gone through years of that without any significant change to, shall we call it the cultural zeitgeist?
As in, folks dont want brutality in their entertainment because of the pandemic? Thats a specific concept im not sure I can follow. Im not saying you are wrong, but im not certain you are correct.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
As in, folks dont want brutality in their entertainment because of the pandemic?

You know what? Never mind. Forget I said anything. I don't have the energy to provide the level of specificity you seem to require.

The Soloist

Adventurer
I'm not sure the brutal nature of this is going to sell like it once did for Marvel TV series.
Reacher season 1 (2022) was brutal and successful. Season 2 (2023) is on the same track. John Wick has 4 movies of brutal shooting and fights, including one in 2023 (which was the most profitable of the series).

(edit) It's Hell's Kitchen. I'm not worried about Echo or the upcoming DareDevil. The audience is there waiting for it.

Last edited:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
As in, folks dont want brutality in their entertainment because of the pandemic? Thats a specific concept im not sure I can follow. Im not saying you are wrong, but im not certain you are correct.
Hell, if anything the political and cultural changes of the past decade make me want to see a bunch of no-name thugs get beaten up MORE.

Remove ads