Elysium Squad OOC

Bront

The man with the probe
I tried, and I wasn't going to let it fail on my account. That's all I can do. I was clicking with Eva but...

I'll check it out at some point.

I Ray is interesting enough for you to use him at some point, story hour, NPC or otherwise :)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
If Ray is interesting enough for you to use him at some point, story hour, NPC or otherwise :)
(bolding emphasis mine)

Hehehe ...

I might just do that. Ray would make a good baratzu in the Story Hour ... :] ;)

Bront said:
I was clicking with Eva but...

Well, then perhaps it is best for Ray that the game end. Eva was headed for certain disaster on account of her inability to make a WILL save at a pitiful rate.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
Unless people object, I think I am going to close this game rather than try and resurrect it. The game never took off like I had hoped and posting seemed forced from my perception. If everyone objects to this, let me know. I can submit to group desire. But barring strong object, I am planning on allowing this game to pass on as a lost game due to data base malfunction.

I object! Well until you tell us what was in the tree :p

I'll echo Bront mostly here. The party never seemed to click. While I loved playing Yavarin, logicstics with some players made the game, disconnected.

While I would wish it to continue, I can understand and certainly respect your decision. If the games isn't fun for you, how can it be for us.

Now. I think you need to run a game for just Bront and I. ;) :p

No, seriously. :heh:

Bront

The man with the probe
I do think a more grounded game, perhaps one where prior relationships could have been estabilished, and the goal was a little less of a reach. For example, the Eberron game that we had for a short time where we had the 2 sort of star crossed lovers, or even your Mightier than the Sword, where there is a common goal to gather us.

If you do start another game, I'd only hesitate to join just due to load, but I would certaintly love to.

And no, in my ideal world, I would have loved the debates between Eva and Ray, as Ray tries to calm the wild child, while she listens intstead to the voices of action in her head. With the origional player, that dynamic was going, and he stoped it short (by not wanting to hog the attention) and then left shortly afterwards.

But yes, if Fenris is interested in some game, I'm up for it. It need not be us too, but a small group would be good. Perhaps RA (he should be done soon with school) and D20Dazza as potental alternates, both are regular posters, and enjoyable RPers :)

Fenris, did we loose the end of Metropolis? :(

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Fenris said:
Now. I think you need to run a game for just Bront and I. ;) :p

<snip>

No, seriously. :heh:

I don't anticipate starting up any new PbP games soon. I don't anticipate joining any, either. Between my two current DM games and my two current player games (and I don't know if KoD and AS are continuing ... I assume KoD is, though) I think I have enough PbP to worry about.

I have seriously contemplated getting a game together through a chat board or such - it would make the game flow better if everyone was on and dedicated to the game online for a certain period of time. However - outside of a game such as that I don't anticipate doing any more PbP games. I'm going to attempt to take the time I spent on this game and make Mightier and CLutches all the better.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nonlethal Force said:
I don't anticipate starting up any new PbP games soon. I don't anticipate joining any, either. Between my two current DM games and my two current player games (and I don't know if KoD and AS are continuing ... I assume KoD is, though) I think I have enough PbP to worry about.

I have seriously contemplated getting a game together through a chat board or such - it would make the game flow better if everyone was on and dedicated to the game online for a certain period of time. However - outside of a game such as that I don't anticipate doing any more PbP games. I'm going to attempt to take the time I spent on this game and make Mightier and CLutches all the better.

I will be in the corner sulking and pouting :mad:

:p

If you do decide to do a chat board game, I would at least be interested. The timing would be the main issue. But if you do, let me know.

And I still want to know what was in the tree!

Bront: Yes, I think we did lose Metropolis. Although if they get the other back-up working we may be able to recover it.

Bront

The man with the probe
*Taran waves his hand, and it's like it was before* ;)

No problem NLF, I understand the need to manage your time. KoD is continuing, yes. And as far as a chat game, That I can't do.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, okay. Now that I am sure Ferrix and JonnyFive are not too concerned about the game being dropped - since both have been on and not posted here - I'll assume this game is officially dead. That being said, the party was in fact being led into a harpy nest.

I had wondered if it was obvious from the CR and the fact that the party was led away by singing.

Actually, this was just the beginning of a really cool plot line. Once Eva was slain - most likely falling off the edge of a cliff at the whim of the harpy since here WILL save was just horrible - the party was going to meet up with a nervous human male. Well .. at least he appeared human. As to whetehr or not he actually was human .... anyway, I digress. The human was going to be part of the harpy's "food store." Barely alive. The hook was for Kiera to be able to heal him just enough for him to indicate that if they can free him, he can be a guide out of the harpy's domain. He planned on helping the party until such a time as he earned the party's trust.

The catch is, once he earned the party's trust he was going to ever so cleverly lead them into Quehalost on a scouting mission. He'd know enough of the rights ways to go to make the party grateful he was along, but there'd have been enough intention "close-encounters" with the wrong kind of folk to help the party believe that he was honestly on their side. Eventually, the party would have been led into the man's trap: Devils. And a mighty big nest of them, too.

Of course, that is all assuming the party wanted to follow the man. As the party demonstrated earlier:

they weren't going to bite on the gnolls in the cave (although if Yavarin or anyone else would've climbed down they'd have found humans that needed rescued - and enough adventure to get them to the next level)

they weren't going after Mayhem (although if they had they might've gotten into enough trouble that they'd have leveled twice to get free of Mayhem - or died trying.)

and they weren't about to even try to free the Drakontos villagers of the grasp of the Black Dragon. Not that challenging the black dragon would've been wise - because It'd have been a TPK all the way. But convincing a few of the villagers to flee might've proven interesting. I think Cassient would've played a huge part in this and unfortuantely this path never unfolded because that was when Eluvan went AWOL. Had Eluvan actually stuck with the game that might have come out more in the conversation.

... so, I guess the likelihood of the party actually following the man was really unlikely after all. But I honestly did have things planned for you all to do if you'd have wanted!

Remove ads