Elysium Squad OOC

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Resurrection

I know you said it's dead, but I posted cleric just in case you decide to resurrect your game. It seems interesting enough, I'll need to read some more into it ;)

Bront

The man with the probe
NLF halted all his PbPs due to his lack of time. There's another game in line to start up before this one, which petered out with both players and GM.

On a side note, it's probably more polite to post the character in the OOC thread first in case it's declined. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of in the future :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Politeness

Thank you, I'm aware of that. BUT. In RG it says he's accepting (finished) alternates and since there is closed thread mark I didn't think I'll impunge on used rogues gallery.

But, still, I'll try to notify DM first in the future regardless.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Hey, I wondered if there had been any activity in the old threads ... oddly enough I was wondering it just now.

Neurotic - Thanksforthe interest, although the game is closed. Sorry.

Bront - Hey man, long time no see! How's married life treating you? Hopefully still good? Thanks for keeping up with the old thread!

In case anyone was wondering how it is that I just dropped off of the face of the earth - I've largely put 3.x behind me in the core rulebok sense. I'm in the midst of rewritting the 3.x game for my personal taste. I've also finished the story hour I was writing ... and a second one after that. I've also completed a story that I hope to have published and am about 1/3 of the way done with its sequel. Anyone who knows a literary agent is welcome to contact me! <-- Shameless plug. :heh:

Back to my rewriting of the 3.x ruleset ... It's a classless game, where all class abilities have been stripped out of class and given prerequisites (if necessary) and level minimums. XP is earned just like 3.x, and levels continue to exist at thesame XP totals as the 3.x table. However, XP isaccumulated and spent at a player's leisure, buying options for their character whenever they have accumulated enough.

Former class abilities costs XP to purchase. Feats are also purchased with XP and not gained through levels. The same is true for BAB, Base Defense Bonus (a la UA), saves, ability score adjustments, spell levels, powerpoints, etc. If you've ever read Buy the Numbers (pdf), you should recognize the concept quite easily. I've modified it heavily, though.

As a playtest, I am currently fleshing out my own homebrew with demonic enemies. One I just created has a flurry of abilities (and currently CR 7) ... such as: Battle Fortitude +1 stolen from the Scout, Natural Armor +2 from the Dragonfire Adept, and Spellgrace +1 from the Spellthief. In addition, he wields either a flaming Halberd (for flavor) or Greatsword. He has a wide selection of feats {Weapon Focus/Specialization, Power Attack, Blind-fighting, etc}. He's purchased a healthy BAB for his CR, d12 hit point proression, good FORT saves, weak REFL and WILL saves (he is a big dumb brute of a devil, after all), and the fighter's BDB for level 7. And, a few otherthings, of course.

It's given me the flexibility that the game rules as written never could. I am enjoying being no longer constrained by class progression. Instead, I can pick and choose the abilities that I want in the character without being forced to take the abilities that I don't want.

I'm still in the playtesting/balancing mode, though. It isn't balanced yet - and may never be any more balanced than 3.x ever was. By that, of course, I mean that characters are automatically more powerful because their abilities are handpicked. So, a character only has an ability if the player wants him to. That makes the characters more powerful inherently, but it also makes the opponents much more specialized. It also gives me the ability to do much more customization as the DM. :D Imagine facing off against a Minotaur - but while you are sure ithas a gore and charge attack you can no longer be sure about all its minor attributes. Suddenlythe game becomes much less static and much more customizable. {It also becomes work for the DM, but I enjoy the ability to surprise my players!}

Anyway, that's what I'm up to ... if anyone is still reading this. If you are, feel free to say hi!

Fenris

Adventurer
Hi!

<pushes Bront out of the way>

I am first in line to help playtest!

:D

Good to see you back around man. Bront and I were saying how we missed Kit and Troth the other day as well. Glad to see you are still around and kicking. Hopefully we can force, er bribe, er convince you to run something again.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Hey, Fenris!

Glad to see that my name is still welcome and not spoken only after spitting! [Or, at least, the spitting was cleaned up before I returned! :D ] I'm also glad that you are still fond of Kit and Troth. Playing in any interesting games?

Fenris

Adventurer
None as good as yours were ;) All three I was in. :p

Yeah I have several interesting ones, including one long one about to wrap up.

Hey I have one spot left for a PbP I will be running. Short adventure, lots of fun. Gritty game. Can I tempt you to play in a short module?

Bront

The man with the probe
With a new kid (grandchild we have custody of), I am having less time than I'd like, so I might look over it, but I couldn't playtest it.

I still want to playtest my homebrew, but the attempt to do that sort of died on 2 boards, and now I have no time.

Good to see you NLF.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Good to hear from ya, Bront. Glad things are going well, and I hear you about the time factor!

As for the game, Fenris, I'm still not up to a PbP. I haven't found one that moves at the speed I want it to. I've determined that PbPs will eventualy bog down and frustrate me. Thanks for the invite, though!

Remove ads