Elysium Squad OOC

engrishonly

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Engrishonly: The only thought I had about the warhorse is that it might also depend upon the rest of the party. If nobody else is bringing a mount ... then yours will become pretty useless by default. Of course, once a paladin gets the special mount feature that changes a little. Now, that doesn't impact the feat choice, just on whether you bring the mount or leave it home. And you are right. Many places the party will be headed will not be safe for a horse to be tied up outside without some form of protection.

Okay... maybe I'll change that level 3 feat again. I wouldn't want to leave a poor horse in the middle of nowhere, and I don't think my character would either. I can always take Mounted Combat down the line with a Fighter bonus feat, anyway.

I was just looking at D&D books at Border's (deciding if I wanted to get BoED), and Heroes of Battle caught my eye... it's EXACTLY what I was looking for as I'm putting together ideas for an Eberron campaign. So that meant BoED got kicked down the "like to have" list, and Heroes of Battle got bumped way up.

Anyway, I'll swap Mounted Combat for Iron Will... which is a prereq for the Legendary Leader PrC from Heroes of Battle (not that this character will necessarily go there, but I am basically laying the groundwork in case I steal this character for my Eberron game).

Nonlethal Force

First Post
engrishonly said:
Anyway, I'll swap Mounted Combat for Iron Will... which is a prereq for the Legendary Leader PrC from Heroes of Battle

Works for me ... only just remember that this character won't be able to go there because its not an approved book. But Iron Will is a fine feat to take. Between that and the Lightning Reflexes feat ... your character should have decent all around saves. I don't say great because WILL and REFL are still poor in category. But those feats will help.

Eluvan: You know, that has honestly never come up in any of my games. Even games in which I myself have played clerics. I've always just played good clerics can cast "cure" spells spontaneously and that is it. I agree with you. The cleric is already a powerful character, allowing them to spontaneously cast any sanctified spell is a shift in power even more.

I'll add that to the "official" Houserule thread. I'll probably have a single post about it when they come up ingame or if anyone thinks about them ahead of time.

As for Exhalted Arcanist, that too is approved. I'll be interested to see how your character works out for you.

As for other house rules ... I don't typically have many. Bront, Fenris - you guys have played with me for a few months online here, can you think of any others that have come up?

Bront

The man with the probe
NLF, what I mean, is, for example, there is a feat that allows you to drop the strength of your opponent by 6 in leau of a stunning fist attack (the attack does no damage, but -6 str for one minute) and has a DC Save. Since it requires stunning fist, would Fist of the Heavans effect that DC? (There are others, that's just the one I can think off off the top of my head)

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
As for other house rules ... I don't typically have many. Bront, Fenris - you guys have played with me for a few months online here, can you think of any others that have come up?
Not that I can think of. You general make the rolls (Quite helpfull) in combat, and even out of combat.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
NLF, what I mean, is, for example, there is a feat that allows you to drop the strength of your opponent by 6 in leau of a stunning fist attack (the attack does no damage, but -6 str for one minute) and has a DC Save. Since it requires stunning fist, would Fist of the Heavans effect that DC? (There are others, that's just the one I can think off off the top of my head)

Ah, the DC issue. This one I am a bit torn on. In truth I lean towards allowing it - because it does require additional feats to make it work. So, at the price of expending a feat, the DC increases by two. You can do the same with a spell, except the DC only increases by one ... but this feat is limited to only evil opponents which means that it has a limitation on effectiveness. So, I lean towards allowing this feat to boost the DC of a Stunning Fist attack by two, regardless of the form of the attack. The only place where I have an issue is if the Stunning Fist takes a completely different form (as in the Fist of Iron feat from CW). Of course, this is a non-issue because that particular feat doesn't have a DC save listed. But, in these cases the stagger affect already doesn't count.

Okay, now that I have put out my reasoning, here is how it makes sense to me:

For any stunning fist attack/feat used in conjunction with Fist of Heavens from BoED:
A) The use of Fist of the Heavens does increase the DC by 2 as long as the opponent is evil and as long as there is no text within the additional feat in question that specificly indicates that it should not increase the DC. B) For feats that change the stunning fist into an alternate effect where there is no round in which the opponent is stunned, the DC of the new effect does increase by 2 (if applicable) but there is no round in which the opponent is staggered since there is no round in which the opponent is stunned. (See Fists of Iron, CW, for example) C) If the feat combination does produce an additional effect to being stunned in subsequent rounds, then the opponent is staggered in the second round (as per Fist of the Heavens) in addition to any other effect prescribed by the other feat. (See Pain Touch, CW, for example)

Does that clarify, Bront? If that makes it clear, I'll go ahead and add it to the Houserule page just so that it is recorded.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Alright, let's update the character generation process. I think I have the majority of pertinent information up in the Enigmatica World thread. If you are looking for places/names to hang your characters background on, you should find ample places to do so in there. Of course, I didn't post all the detailed info because I only had so much time and I wanted to get the basics out first and flesh out the rest. Remember, all I really ask is that you locate your character as being a part of Barghost and put them in a position where they would have been able to receive a summons from the main Temple of Pelor in Hipposus, Barghost's capitol. As long as that stated condition is met, we should be able to go from there with my first IC post when we are to that time.

So, let's talk players:

Almost done: I feel like I have a really good understanding of Engrishonly and JonnyFive's characters.

Good so far: Eluvan, Bront, and Fenris - our discussions here and via E-mail have also been progressing along quite well. I feel like I know the general direction the character is going to head. How are we doing on the actual putting together of the stats?

Interested but not heard from for a few days: Ferrix and Eonthar - still out there? Still interested? If you are, the spots are still here and I'm just curious how the character generation process is proceding.

As of what I know now, I think this is where people are:

Eonthar - Paladin/Sorcerer, probably drakontos

Ferrix - Female Cleric of Pelor, race unknown as of yet

Engrishonly - Human Fighter

Eluvan - Drakontos Sorcerer headed for Exhalted Arcanist

JonnyFive - Aetos/Paladin-Rogue (Headed for Shadowbane Inquisitor)

Bront - Human Monk

Fenris - Looking toward the scout or rogue type character, but still not 100% decided.

As I look towards the calander for a potential start date, I wonder what might be good. I am thiking about THUR, unless that is too soon. That would give people a few more days to work on their characters. If that is too soon, however, I'm certainly flexible. I pick Thursday because I didn't really want to start up on FRI, SAT, or SUN because posting is often a little light on the weekend. So I could go MON or TUES of next week. Only problem with that is since I live in the US, am married, and have a wife that wants me to go visit the family over Thanksgiving ... I'll likely be able to post only sporadically THUR or FRI of next week. So we'd start the game for a day and then the DM would be gone for a few days. Which is no big deal as long as everyone else is cool with that. Of course, if we wait until after Thanksgiving we're all the way out to a week from this coming MON. Again, that's fine, too, if people want to wait that long. I just don't want people to lose interest having spent all this fresh creative energy in getting a concept together. So, having read that - tell me when you all would like to start. I'll go with group concensus on this one. I am prety flexible.

Eonthar

Explorer
I am still here, and I am still interested. I am still looking at a Drakontos Paladin / Sorcerer, either going to choose Gold or Silver Dragon as my heritage, but have not made the final decision yet. I am pretty sure that I will be going for the Eldritch Knight Prestige Class (even though I won't get there until 9th level :\ ).

I will be doing most of the character building tomorrow, and should be able to post something by the end of the day in the Rogue's Gallery.

Bront

The man with the probe
I have all the stats done, just need to put them in a sheet. Been distracted with M&M 2.0, but I'll have it done sometime tomorow most likely.

Ferrix

Explorer
I've just been away all weekend and I have an exam tomorrow. Will get to her soon, she's most likely human.

You can see an old version of her here.

Remove ads