Elysium Squad OOC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
I can buy that rationale ... I allow players to rever more than one god, although typically there is one "major" and the rest are more minor - but that seems to agree with what you are talking about.

And I do hope that cosmology will play a signifcant role in this game as well. Not necessarily planar travel - although it could if the party wants to go in that direction - but cosmological understandings of what it means to be "good" as opposed to just "moral" or "lawful."

As far as the LG worshipping an NG god ... I have a feeling you might not be alone in the whole "I am one step away from my deities alignment" conundrum. It should provide interesting RP ... for while all will worship Pelor, I imagine all will revere different aspects of Pelor. And, quite possibly like your character, they might even revere a minor deity or a paragon. I think that is completely fair game for this RP. Certainly not a requirement by any means - but it is a unique possibility. And if people start throwing around divine (or even arcane) spells like a rich kid throwing loose change at a wishing well ... there could be a number of "deities" invoked in a single round of combat! There's something you don't see every day!

Now, on that note. Is there a website that anyone is familiar with where it lists deities and their "home planes?" I'd realy be interested in that if I could get my hands on it. I can patch together the core 3.5 deities ... and of course the celestial paragons are all listed in the BoED so I can pull those together pretty easily. I gues I am mostly looking for the deities like Bahamut, Tiamat (although I guess I know where these two are), Rao, Pholtus, and the rest of the CD additions.

And I admit I am using the word "deities" loosely here - by deities I am including greater, intermediate, lesser, demi-god, and celestial paragon. If there is a list that anyone is aware of that includes this information, please post the link if you can! Thanks!

Eluvan

First Post
Yay! Glad to see we've reached an understanding. Also, I'm now really excited about this game. I think we're on the same page, so it should be one hell of a lot of fun. :D

Watch this space for a character - though considering these questions took up most of my time tonight, so I still don't have a sheet done. :p

Bront

The man with the probe
OK, I think I have the concept set :)

I'll probably have something up tomorrow, when I'm a bit more awake.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Okay, updating the character Sheet process here:

JonnyFive: Character sheet looks good. Although I do have two questions - but this time botha re in your favor. :) I notice your ranks in Hide and Move Silently reflect a -7 ACP. I believe it should be -6. From the enchanted fullplate you should get a -5 and from the enchanted shield you should get a -1. Unless I missed something, that should make it a -6 total, which means you over compensated for the ACP. But, at least this time the things are in your favor! Also - when you are doing up your background, don't forget simple things like physical description - hair, eyes, height, age, etc... But you probably know all that stuff.

Engrishonly: So far so good. Don't forget things like AC, Init, etc. And let me know once you settle in on that 3rd level feat so I can update my records.

Eluvan: When you do up your character sheet, you can go ahead and put it straight into the RG if you want. Of course, you can put it here first if that's how you do it ... doesn't matter to me. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that the RG thread is infact up.

Edit: Oh, and tommorrow evening I am going to change the title of this thread to "Elysium Squad OOC" since it appears that the wilderness game is not going to need this space. No sense making another thread for the forum to keep track of. I'd change it now, but I want everyone to get a chance to know about it in case they haven't linked to it yet. That way everyone is aware of the coming change in thread title.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
aye, it should be a -6 :p welp thats fixed and i'm still working on the backround for my guy. a question though, what are common eye/hair/skin colors for my race?

engrishonly

First Post
I think I will go with Mounted Combat, and buy a Heavy Warhorse. I'm not sure if there will be much opportunity to use it... and if there's to be a lot of dungeon exploration, maybe the Horse should be left at home (who would leave a poor horse outside in the middle of a hellhole?), but I think it would be cool to have.

Still have a ways to go on my character... I'm adding the actual stats & stuff as I go. I'm just trying to balance character ideas with the nuts & bolts of doing a 3.5e character :)

As for Greyhawk Deities... there's the official RPGA Living Greyhawk list:
http://www.wizards.com/rpga/downloads/LG_Deities.zip
I've seen other sites with more useful tables & lists, but nothing "official"... and the RPGA is probably what everyone can more-or-less agree on as "official".

For home planes of the Deities... I don't quite see that in the Living Greyhawk list. I've used this site before, and it has planar info on some of the Greyhawk deities:
http://www.cmc.net/~rtaylor/greyhawk/gods/lists/
Every Greyhawk deity/demigod does not have his/her own listing there, however...

Bront

The man with the probe
Quick question. Does Fist of the Heavans apply to any Stunning Fist use (Such as the alternate uses in the Complete Warrior)? Or only specificly the Stunning Fist feat? Given you need a feat for the alternate uses, I would think so, but I wanted to check.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront: The way I am reading Stunning Fist and Fist of the Heavens, I think it means that if you declare one of the monks Stunning Fist attempts for that day, the DC is increased by 2 and on a fail the opponent staggered following the round it is stunned.

Without knowing exactly which other ways you are planning to go with the stunning attempt, it is hard for me to say for the rest. But, for example, if you had the Ascetic Rogue feat from the CAd I would imagine the DC boosts would stack. Because one DC boost is from a divine source, the other is from it being sneaky (rogue source). Of course, to gain this benefit you would need to be in a position to be able to sneak attack. I realize DCs don't necessarily follow the "stacking rules" quite the same as saves, AC, and other things, but that ruling makes sense to me. Unless, of course, it violates the rrules somewhere. But the actual feat descriptions don't say anything about stacking.

Regarding CW stuff - such as feats - I have no problem with the Fist of the Heavens working in conjunction with Rapid Stunning, Pain touch (although in this case the nauseated and staggered rounds would overlap and thus not be as great of an advantage), Fists of Iron (although this is pointless because you don't really stun and thus there would be no round after the stun), Freezing the Lifeblood (but the rounds overlap so not a ton of helpfulness), Extra Stunning, and Axiomatic Strike (although this too would be useless because it doesn't actually stun the opponent so therefore wouldn't be a round after the stun. So, in summary, I guess there is the best answer. Yes, I will allow them to be used, but in my mind any effect measured in rounds overlap. So if two feats say "in the round after the stunning attempt ___ happens" these effects would both happen simultaneously. In game mechanic terms ... they would overlap. For example, it would not be the case where Pain Touch and Fist of the Heavens could both be used and the stun effect would take place, then the nauseated, then the staggered. You can't get an additional round is what I am saying. Both feats would be put into practice in the round the feat says it should.

I don't know if this answers your question or not ...

JonnyFive: Other than the skin being pale and fair, their physical desription is up to you. Of course, normal colors to living creatures ... so nothing like deep prurple or fire engine red ... but it would be like picking out a description for a human with the limitation that skin/hair is pale and fine.

Engrishonly: The only thought I had about the warhorse is that it might also depend upon the rest of the party. If nobody else is bringing a mount ... then yours will become pretty useless by default. Of course, once a paladin gets the special mount feature that changes a little. Now, that doesn't impact the feat choice, just on whether you bring the mount or leave it home. And you are right. Many places the party will be headed will not be safe for a horse to be tied up outside without some form of protection.

Oh, and thanks for the sites!

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Right. I think my indecisiveness is at an end. I'm going for a drakontos sorceror, LG, Silver bloodline, aiming for the Exalted Arcanist PrC if that gets the ok by you. Oh, one thing you might want to clarify if we're using the BoED as a source book: can Clerics cast Sanctified spells spontaneously the way it says they can in the book? Just wanted to check because it always seemed like kind of a big change to the core rules to me, giving clerics a significant boost.

JonnyFive

First Post
ok NLF i was just wondering if there was a "common" trait for hair/skin/eyes, kinda like say the asian cultures generaly dont have blonds (just using them as a referance cause i cant think of any others, no offence ment to anybody)

Remove ads