Elysium Squad OOC

Fenris

Adventurer
JonnyFive said:
that would normaly be correct, but i had to take rogue at first level to avoid the problem of taking it inbetween paladin levels. then in the PHB on page 59 it talks about multiclassing charecters. under skills it states that if you have a skill from any class, reguardless of the class you are leveling up, its still a class skill.

I believe that only applies to your max ranks, not skill points.

And I claim Green.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
JonnyFive said:
it is in races of the wild, page 165.

Oh, okay. Then I hate to do this, but I'm going to have to nix it as it isn't on the approved books for this game. If you have the complete warrior, there are some weapons in there that you might find appealing. The maul, for example, is a one handed weapon that does d8 for small characters with the EWP feat. It can be used 2 handed as a martial weapon. The warmace might also look nice - a small one does d10 damage. However, you get a -1 to AC and it either is 2 handed or 1 handed with the EWP feat. And if you take the EWP(Warmace) that would allow you to use a shield and the racial bonus to AC for using a shield would negate the -1 penalty for using the weapon. Just offering up suggestions, though, because I nixed your preferred sword.

Any of the weapons from Complete Adventurer are approved as well.

JonnyFive said:
ahh my bad, i'm gonna pick up some trail rations and waterskins then, along with a backpack

Good enough.

JonnyFive said:
old habit of mine. thw wizard/sorcerer always need's to go back to town and get 100gp pearls for his identify spell, and one of the DM's i played with would make the dungeon 2x as hard when we went back in so after hitting town us players decided that we were gonna start chuggin around as many pearls as we could.

Good enough reason for me. Like I said, not a problem with the 100 gp pearls, but I thought if you were just using them for money you might as well go amethysts. But for the old identify spell, that makes perfect sense.

JonnyFive said:
just a quick note, your gems listing has emerald listed 2x, once at 100gp and once at 5000gp. for sake of eas can we cnage the one at 1000gp to fire opal's?

D'oh! That makes perfect sense. Nobody has ever caught that one. I'll be changing that to fire opals as of right now. Good catch.

As far as movement goes, the movement was supposed to mimic the dwarf's armor restriction but not the encumbrance. Since the dwarf gets full movement in heavy armor, the Aetos should as well. As per the category, though, it does not count for load/encumbrance. This benefit is based on training, not stature ... hence why the benefit extends to armor type, not encumbrance. Make sense?

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
As far as movement goes, the movement was supposed to mimic the dwarf's armor restriction but not the encumbrance. Since the dwarf gets full movement in heavy armor, the Aetos should as well. As per the category, though, it does not count for load/encumbrance. This benefit is based on training, not stature ... hence why the benefit extends to armor type, not encumbrance. Make sense?

makes perfct sence, i was just asking because in the races' traits it only lists medium armor.

for my weapon, i'll replace it when i get home and have acess to my books

Nonlethal Force

First Post
JonnyFive said:
makes perfct sence, i was just asking because in the races' traits it only lists medium armor.

Not any more. That was changed because you asked a bit ago. If you look now the armor has been clarified. Fenris, this change would hold true for Troth in Mightier than the Sword as well.

JonnyFive said:
for my weapon, i'll replace it when i get home and have acess to my books

No rush. I'm still getting the information on the land of Enigmatica up. It'll be a little time before the game starts up anyway. Thanks for understanding about the restrictions to the books, though.

Remove ads