Elysium Squad OOC

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Nonlethal Force only!]I'm debating Nymph's Kiss. It's one of a few scenerios I've come up with so far for the character. My question though, is how feasable is it for a monk to be raised by the Fey, and what exactly constitutes an "intimate" relationship in the case of this feat?

BTW, I would have e-mailed you, but your e-mail is turned off[/sblock]

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
BTW, NLF, you might want to take all your homebrew houserules and stick them in a House Rules thread. Rystil did that, and while he has a lot more custom stuff (No core actualy), you still have 5-10 posts worth of races, background material, house rules, and other interesting info.

Plus, it means it's one post for everything, instead of digging around in 2-3 OOC posts.

Never thought about that. I think I will do that, thanks for the suggestion. I had been linking to all the posts in the first post of each OOC thread for each game, but I could still do that and just link to the other post. And it would make reposting much easier on my behalf - especially since I now have three games going in this homebrew.

As per the E-mail thing, did you try -> Nonlethal_Force at yahoo dot com? [Obviously put into a real E-mail format.] I try to check in with that E-mail address every few days. If you didn't try that one, it should be working. If that's the one that is turned off ... well ... I'll have to investigate. The only thing I ask is that if someone sends me an E-mail there and I don't respond in a day or so - drop a note here in the OOC thread to check my E-mail. I am pretty good about remembering, but lif gets busy from time to time.

And as for the money thing - I do tend to give out gems as treasure more than items anyway, so I would say it would be a fair compromise that the VoP character hold onto the money to be given away whenever possible. This is going to be a bit complicated by the fact that Quehalost (the kingdom in which this game will take place) is inherently evil. So it isn't like there will be generous opportunities to give away the goods, but there will be some. It'll actually add to the RP value of the game by forcing the VoP character to intentionally seek out what good exists. I am comfortable with having the VoP character accept gems/money to be given away at a later date as long as the money is never used for any party member's benefit. [Reason being that they should have their own wealth to draw upon.]

Bront

The man with the probe
Great on the money thing, and the House Rules thing.

As for the e-mail thing, I tried sending one through the boards. You have to check the box that says accept e-mails from public members.

Anyway, I'll drop you a line just so you have mine, but you can obviously see my qestion in the s-block ;)

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sounds fair. If you want to discuss the issue here on the boards, we can continue to use Sblocks if you want. Or we can do it through E-mail. Either way works for me.

Everyone: The thread for the general information is up, although at the time of writing this particular post there is not much to see there. I will be adding information throughout the day as it comes up, so hopefully in a few hours there will be much more information up regarding this homebrew world. The link to the general information thread is:

World information for Enigmatica

From now on I will put world information in that thread. Of course, questions on that information can be addressed here. If you have a request for me to flesh out any information in that thread, please make the request here and I'll do some editing in my free time. I hope that thread will be of help - if nothing else it should make it easier to find information regarding the homebrew world.

Bront

The man with the probe
Great, thanks.

Either works fine. I can't check my e-mail from work, but I can check the boards, but I check it before I head out each night. I gave you some additional information in the e-mail that may help you ponder the sblocked question. Take your time, I'll be going to bed shortly.

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, When I ment houserules, I think it should go in the actual House Rules forum, but we'll see if it gets moved.

engrishonly

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Hmmm. Looking through the books to try and find a valid feat that might work. I'll admit I was having a bit of difficulty. The closest I could come is the Wild Talent Feat from the XPH. It makes your character psionic, but unable to use psionic powers. Essentially, it would open your character up to the psionic chains of feats.

But, that really isn't all that helpful. My thought is that if the voices give no benefit - other than an occasional RP moment ... then there is no need to spend a feat on it.

I suppose one could justify a feat along the lines of Lightning Reflexes - giving some sort of "insight" bonus ... even though I realize that isn't exactly what the Lightning reflexes is for. Anyway ... just thinking out loud more than anything.

That's not a bad idea... something like Lightning Reflexes for the crunchy parts, and the rest covered in a nebulous RP cloud.

I'll try to firm it up a little more in my mind.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
By the way, I will ask that as you come up with your character background that you locate them coming from the kingdom of Barghost. I don't really care where, so long as it is in Barghost. The game will begin with a long post about how the party was called and the game will officially begin with the party (already formed) crossing into the trecherous land of Quehalost. However, in the Enigmatica Game World Thread (link posted earlier) I will be providing a more detailed list of the cities/towns/major sources of conflict so that you can choose something that fits.

As far as backgrounds go, each character can assume to have been summoned by the grand temple of Pelor in Hipposus (Capital of Barghost). I'll take it from the gathering at Hipposus until the arrival at Quehalost. If your backgrounds can provide the general story of your character's life up to receiving that summons, that would be great. As far as Background length goes, I don't have a limit. Some people love to write (like myself) and could easily come up with 1000 words or more. Other people don't and struggle to come up with a paragraph. I would ask for at least a paragraph ... but beyond that it is up to you.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
JonnyFive:
Couple of questions on your character sheet. You have the elven Courtblade listed as an exotic weapon. From which book does that come from? Forgive me if I am overlooking the obvious answer - but I am under the weather sick and I can't put my finger on it. The closest I could come is the Elven Thinblade from CW that does similar things except it is only piercing, not piercing/slashing and is only d6 in damage for a small character. Of course, it would allow shield usage. Anyway, just curious where it comes from because i cannot find it.

Second, I noticed that the DMG lists the price for your ring at 2,500 gp, not 2,000.

Third, While your ranks for Move Silently and Hide are fine, don't forget that the ACP for full Pate should drop them down to a total modifier of 2 for Hide and -2 for Move Silently. (Taking in account the MWK bonus since it is enchanted armor)

Fourth, these two are not important matters, but I am curious of two things. Why did you choose the 100gp pearls instead of the standardized 100gp Amethysts according to the chart? Second, I noticed the character has no provision for clothing. Full Plate can get rather chilly! [Even a set of travelor's clothes is only 1 gp.] Like I said, though, these last two are not serious issues, jsut curiousities on my behalf.

Fifth, Your spot ranks seem to be a bit off. The rogue levels can give you a total of 4 ranks. For a paladin, though, the rest of the ranks in Spot will be cross-class.

Other than these minor changes, the character looks good.

Last edited:

JonnyFive

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
JonnyFive:
Couple of questions on your character sheet. You have the elven Courtblade listed as an exotic weapon. From which book does that come from? Forgive me if I am overlooking the obvious answer - but I am under the weather sick and I can't put my finger on it. The closest I could come is the Elven Thinblade from CW that does similar things except it is only piercing, not piercing/slashing and is only d6 in damage for a small character. Of course, it would allow shield usage. Anyway, just curious where it comes from because i cannot find it.

it is in races of the wild, page 165.

Second, I noticed that the DMG lists the price for your ring at 2,500 gp, not 2,000.

ahh my bad, i'm gonna pick up some trail rations and waterskins then, along with a backpack

Third, While your ranks for Move Silently and Hide are fine, don't forget that the ACP for full Pate should drop them down to a total modifier of 2 for Hide and -2 for Move Silently. (Taking in account the MWK bonus since it is enchanted armor)

yea i did gear last and forgot to go back and fix my ranks, i'll do that now

Fourth, these two are not important matters, but I am curious of two things. Why did you choose the 100gp pearls instead of the standardized 100gp Amethysts according to the chart?

old habit of mine. thw wizard/sorcerer always need's to go back to town and get 100gp pearls for his identify spell, and one of the DM's i played with would make the dungeon 2x as hard when we went back in so after hitting town us players decided that we were gonna start chuggin around as many pearls as we could.

Second, I noticed the character has no provision for clothing. Full Plate can get rather chilly! [Even a set of travelor's clothes is only 1 gp.] Like I said, though, these last two are not serious issues, jsut curiousities on my behalf.

oops. amother oversight.

Fifth, Your spot ranks seem to be a bit off. The rogue levels can give you a total of 4 ranks. For a paladin, though, the rest of the ranks in Spot will be cross-class.

that would normaly be correct, but i had to take rogue at first level to avoid the problem of taking it inbetween paladin levels. then in the PHB on page 59 it talks about multiclassing charecters. under skills it states that if you have a skill from any class, reguardless of the class you are leveling up, its still a class skill.
Other than these minor changes, the character looks good.

heh thanks, he'll be all fixed up soon

Edit:

just a quick note, your gems listing has emerald listed 2x, once at 100gp and once at 5000gp. for sake of eas can we cnage the one at 1000gp to fire opal's?

Last edited:

Remove ads