Elysium Squad OOC

Eonthar

Explorer
Nonlethal Force said:
Well, that didn't take long. When you say depending on the post frequency - too much or too little? And, if you want to control the post frequency, I'd be happy to let you DM! :)

A frequency of once per day is fine. I would rather not play in a game that only has one turn per week, and I have had problems with games where 10 posts per day are not quite enough.

Pelor is fine, 4th level is good too.

I would like to reserve DarkOrange as my colour - it is the one that I normally use anyways.

As far as a character goes, I was thinking a Paladin/Sorcerer combo, and as far as race is concerned, I think that I would like to try a Drakontos, or if you are open to other races, an Aasimar (Planetouched).

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Eonthar said:
A frequency of once per day is fine. I would rather not play in a game that only has one turn per week, and I have had problems with games where 10 posts per day are not quite enough.

Pelor is fine, 4th level is good too.

<snip>

I was thinking a Paladin/Sorcerer combo, and as far as race is concerned, I think that I would like to try a Drakontos, or if you are open to other races, an Aasimar (Planetouched).

If you post once per day, you will not here a single complaint from me! There may be occasions where you could post more than once per day, but that is your discretion.

As far as the pally/sorc combo - I am assuming you are only going to advance so far in one of the two classes since the paladin classes doesn't multiclass well with sorcerer. I'm not vetoing by any means, just making sure we are on the same page.

Also, regarding race - Aasimar is acceptable if you are planning on taking the LA. I will warn you that the LA may hurt from time to time - especially as the players progress and the granted powers DCs become easier to overcome by higher level characters. Again, I'm not vetoing it at all, just making sure we are on the same page! But Aasimar is acceptable.

As long as the above is acceptable to you, then feel free to stat up the character and post in the RG thread at your leisure.

Eonthar

Explorer
Nonlethal Force said:
As far as the pally/sorc combo - I am assuming you are only going to advance so far in one of the two classes since the paladin classes doesn't multiclass well with sorcerer. I'm not vetoing by any means, just making sure we are on the same page.

Yeah, I am thinking two levels of Paladin, and then starting on the levels of Sorcerer. I may want to take Eldritch Knight, or something similar at a later point in time. Would you allow the Battle Sorcerer option from Unearthed Arcana? Not sure I would take it, but I might.

Nonlethal Force said:
Also, regarding race - Aasimar is acceptable if you are planning on taking the LA. I will warn you that the LA may hurt from time to time - especially as the players progress and the granted powers DCs become easier to overcome by higher level characters. Again, I'm not vetoing it at all, just making sure we are on the same page! But Aasimar is acceptable.

I forgot about the LA. Then I think that I will stick with a Drakantos.

Nonlethal Force said:
As long as the above is acceptable to you, then feel free to stat up the character and post in the RG thread at your leisure.

Sounds good. I will try to get my character done this weekend.

Eluvan

First Post
Consider Light Blue jumped on and claimed. :)

Just so you know, I'm feeling a little snowed under with essays and other commitments right now, so it might be a few days before I can get a character up. Hope that's okay.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Eonthar: I'd prefer not to use Battle Sorcerer in this game as I have had bad experiences with it. Plus, I don't own the book, and I try not to use sources that I do not own. However, the paly/sorc/EK combo would certainly be fair game should you decide to go down that track.

JohnnyFive: I will take a gander in the RG thread, thanks for your quick response.

Eluvan: Sounds fair enough. Get your RL commitments off your back so you can enjoy the character creation process. If you find out you need more time, that's no big either. If need be, we can add you in after we start - but I doubt it'll even come to that. But by all means, take care of RL concerns before internet!

All: Actually, everyone can take a bit of time working on the character backgrounds. I'll type up some stats about the homebrew world and we can go from there. Once the world info is posted, you all can try and find something than gets your interest and figure it into your character background. So don't worry about taking a few days - this process will be a while before everything is locked down tight. So far so good as far as I am concerned.

engrishonly

First Post
Text will be Cyan.

Just hashing out ideas... the basic plan is all Fighter levels, with stuff/fluff on top to set this character apart. I may or may not pick up the BoED soon, but I'm not sure if that would affect my choices.

In some ways, I would want everything fairly mundane about this character except the voices that guide her to do Pelor's will.

Since the voices that this character hears likely will have some benefits, I think I should invest a Feat in it, even if the actual workings of the Feat might not be known... if that is okay.

Anyway, I'll just start thinking up a background first & post stuff as I go on the other thread.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Hmmm. Looking through the books to try and find a valid feat that might work. I'll admit I was having a bit of difficulty. The closest I could come is the Wild Talent Feat from the XPH. It makes your character psionic, but unable to use psionic powers. Essentially, it would open your character up to the psionic chains of feats.

But, that really isn't all that helpful. My thought is that if the voices give no benefit - other than an occasional RP moment ... then there is no need to spend a feat on it.

I suppose one could justify a feat along the lines of Lightning Reflexes - giving some sort of "insight" bonus ... even though I realize that isn't exactly what the Lightning reflexes is for. Anyway ... just thinking out loud more than anything.

Bront

The man with the probe
Nonlethal Force said:
Bront: I should say that for VoP based characters I am a stickler for both sides of the coin. Obviously nothing more than mundane weapons/items/etc - that goes without saying. But I am also a stickler that the characters demand an equal share of the loot be given away to charities. If everyone agrees, usually the easiest way to handle this is that the VoP monk claim things/money/etc and either make someone else carry them or even carry them themselves but NEVER use them. I have often found it odd that the book states that they can't have any wealth but yet they must tithe. I've also found it odd that the book clearly indicates that the VoP character must get their fair share of the loot to keep party wealth balanced - but yet they can't carry anything valuable. We'll need to address this to everyone's satisfaction before beginning. I have solved it several ways ... One way is if another party member is willing to tote the stuff around and make the contribution when requested - that works. But, that characters must never use any of the monk's stuff. Another way is to given the monk a rather bag of holding that stores stuff to be donated away and if it is ever used for any other purpose (or stuff is drawn out for any reason other than to donate the item to a worthy cause) it automatically violates the Vow and the monk loses the benefit of the feat. Of course, I am open to other suggestions - but with VoP I want to make sure we are clear going in as to how the character's wealth will be managed until it is donated away.

If you are curious about the Bous in game-play, feel free to stop by the Clutches of Evil thread and ask Daz or Jkason how they've found it. Granted, the game only started a few months ago - but they might have an opinion (either good or bad).
I did want to discuss that with you.

Obvious on the mondain items, and I understand the fair share. Here is my thoughts though, since intent is often what is delt with in a vow.

While he will avoid and generaly disdain carrying monitary wealth, occasionaly, it is in his best interests to do so, not for personal gain, but it is indeed simpler for him to give it to someone else himself. So, if he were to recieve some gold, he could carry it, given he was prompt and direct in bringing it to an appropriate tithe, or simply even give it to charity (A begger on the street, a woman in need of feeding her child, ect).

So, while he won't carry money most of the time, he won't be condemed for accepting money, given it is on behalf of some other cause, and he removes the money quickly, and uses none of it for personal gain.

Does that sound reasonable? That sounds much like your bag of holding idea, though I would think he would disdain from even that.

On a side note though, if we're fairly religious themed, items that the rest of the party takes would likely be considered going to a good cause, since they other characters are acting in a poius rightiousness. But that's a slippery slope. Most games I've been involved with have loose terms of item distribution, mostly "Who can use this best, and who hasn't gotten much lately" and compromises from there.

Bront

The man with the probe
BTW, NLF, you might want to take all your homebrew houserules and stick them in a House Rules thread. Rystil did that, and while he has a lot more custom stuff (No core actualy), you still have 5-10 posts worth of races, background material, house rules, and other interesting info.

Plus, it means it's one post for everything, instead of digging around in 2-3 OOC posts.

Remove ads