• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World City Project: Government Affairs Submissions

jdavis

First Post
Lalato said:
Hi wizo'plains... good to have you back. :)

Just so you know. The Workers Senate got voted off the island.

--sam

We will arise again, Power to the revolution! Ok, power to the half dozen guys in the back room of a bar stirring up trouble!

I've got a couple of questions.

1. How are the City Council and the Council of Warders related?

2. Is it Council of Warders or Council of Wardens? I've seen both.

3. Not a question but just something to add, there are three non-voting seats from the military section that have been added to the Council of Warders (Wardens). The Outland Rangers non-voting seat, The Dwarven Emmisary's non-voting seat (held by the commander of the Dwarven forces from Kul-Moren) and the General of the Legion of Mor's End seat (could be voting or non-voting) held by Sebastiano Palmora at present.

Last edited:

wizardoftheplains

First Post
jdavis said:
I've got a couple of questions.

1. How are the City Council and the Council of Warders related?

2. Is it Council of Warders or Council of Wardens? I've seen both.

3. Not a question but just something to add, there are three non-voting seats from the military section that have been added to the Council of Warders (Wardens). The Outland Rangers non-voting seat, The Dwarven Emmisary's non-voting seat (held by the commander of the Dwarven forces from Kul-Moren) and the General of the Legeon of Mor's End seat (could be voting or non-voting) held by Sebastiano Palmora at present. [/B]

1. I would combine them. As I went over the threads I've seen both also.
One is cleaner and I'll put the two charts into a single one in a bit.
2. I believe it's Warders. Oh, Krug...? I've been away a while.
3. I'll add your military seats oh, guru of war.

Conaill

First Post
Crossposted from the Guild thread:
Conaill said:
Couple of comments:

- Workers Senate has been scrapped.

- Do we need the "City Councilman from foreign lands"? How do you see this one? Representative from Kul Moren?

- Mages Guild needs a representative

- Fishers = silkfishers and silk processors/weavers/clothiers/merchants?

- Representative of the military? Or just an advisor?

- How does Lady Kelvin control/lead the Council? Does she or the Castellan sit on the Council? Head of the council?
I also was under the impression that we decided on a City Council instead of a Council of Warders.

I.e. the City Council members are not just representatives of the different city districts, but rather of Guilds and other influential organizations.

Of course we can still have a Council of Warders as well, to organize street maintenace, fire brigades, City Watch patrols etc. This would definitely be a lower tier in the city's organization though...

wizardoftheplains

First Post
Okay,
I've combined the city council chart structure with city political structure.
What do you think. Suggestions or corrections.
Right now trying to figure out which House at bottom are in the unnamed seats at the tip.

gary

Attachments

• politicsmors.gif
    politicsmors.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 161

Conaill

First Post
Still have the Workers Senate in there, I see. Oh, and the Thieves Guild is not an official city guild and will not have anyone on the council. At least not officially. :D

GladiusNP

First Post
Why are none of the seven houses lead by humans? Or elves, for that matter. Is house Palmora one of the seven houses? Are these the only nobility in Mor's End? Or are there more houses? Just curious.

fusangite

First Post
I'm just getting to work on the historical synthesis next draft; some of what I produce will relate to government affairs and vice-versa. I'll report to this thread as soon as I have something new to show you.

jdavis

First Post
GladiusNP said:
Why are none of the seven houses lead by humans? Or elves, for that matter. Is house Palmora one of the seven houses? Are these the only nobility in Mor's End? Or are there more houses? Just curious.

I think those were the houses linked with the Clay Golems (from the start of the thread.) We really need more Noble houses fleshed out, we need 20 or so; we need dwarvish clans, human houses, elf and/or half-elf silk fishing families, Gnome (whatever you would call Noble Gnome families) and some Halflings. Humans should be the biggest lot followed by dwarf clans and then by gnomes and halflings, the elves and half elves should be the silk fishing noble houses. We can go with the listed houses, I think they have some backstory listed with the golems, but we still need a bunch more noble houses. Maybe we all need to submit a noble house in the next day or two.

Lalato

Adventurer
I think the councilman from "foreign lands" should be switched to another nobleman descended from the original settlers.

The Houses listed at the bottom have nothing to do with the city council if I recall correctly. They are the people in control of the Clay Golems. The Clay Golems is an idea we need to revisit... and decide whether or not it should stay or go. Personally, I think it's a bit too high powered for a place like Mor's End.

The actual council seats for "original settlers" should most likely be human descendents of the old nomadic argali shepherds.

Personally, I think there should only be one military representative on the council. We don't really need the Outland Rangers, the General of the Legion, and the Dwarven Commander at every meeting. The military people should only be called upon when needed.

I agree with jdavis... we do need to detail at least a few of the noble houses. I don't think we need to do more than 5 or 6.

--sam

Remove ads