• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EN World Picnic - GenCon 2007 - Sunday, August 19th, 10am - ? (UPDATED 7/24)

Dire Wolf

First Post
I'll definitely be there and I am offering my assistance for any set up work that has to be done on Sunday. My Sunday schedule is completely clear as of right now, other than the picnic and Ennies booth break down.

FickleGM

Explorer
Dire Wolf said:
I'll definitely be there and I am offering my assistance for any set up work that has to be done on Sunday. My Sunday schedule is completely clear as of right now, other than the picnic and Ennies booth break down.
Your Sunday schedule matches my Sunday schedule. :)

FickleGM

Explorer
Okay, I've updated the original post with possible attendees.

Now that we're getting closer, I suppose that I should start getting back on the food discussions.

I figure that food can be handled in the following ways:

1) We will have some food-stuffs that are appropriate to a non-grilling picnic. We can not guarantee quantities or be completely certain as to what will be there, but we will have food and water/soda.

2) People can bring food to share if they want to (whether you have some stuff that you want to get rid of before leaving - assuming it's still edible OR if you make something).

3) You can supply your own food and drinks.

If you partake in #1, please donate a few bucks. If you partake in #2, please partake in #1 and don't worry about a monetary donation, as a food donation is also fine. If you partake in #3, you aren't part of the clique and can't play in our games...just kidding. There is nothing wrong with choosing option #3, I'm just being an ass.

Anyway, if anyone has anything to add or any other suggestions or questions, please let me know. Activities will be whatever sounds good at the time. I figure that some people may have some card-games (like Munchkin or Fluxx) to play. I'll try to remember my frisbee and football. Stand/sit around and socialize. If we're lucky, the weather will resemble last year's picnic.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
FickleGM said:
Food: At the moment, this will be a bring your own food/drink affair, with the possibility of a Sunday morning store-run to get meat/bread/chips/etc. More information as it's decided. I am resuming discussions about food below.
tzor

The Gelflings and I will try and make it, but have no idea when. Most likely around lunchtime for a well-deserved break! IIRC, Hound will be running a Warhammer 40K RP game Sunday morning, but we might get him over for some food.
I would like to suggest that it could be a fun thing for peeps to bring whatever food leftovers they have in their coolers to share. I know last year we had an extra loaf of bread and a jar of goobergrape, for example.

Remove ads