• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EoM game discussion! (Was: EoM game recruitment!)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I would probably move Exhausted to 3rd level (it feels okay there) so my list would be:

0: Fatigue (or maybe Daze for one round - like the cantrip)
1: Knockdown
2: Daze (longer duration)
3: Exhaustion
4: Nausea, etc.

Krizzel

First Post
Yeah it didn't take me too long to pick that one out as the best one to try (especially since I didn't want to spend too many points). I think Daze is better than Exhaustion, though the durations could definitely be adjusted. Knockdown didn't seem that useful to me. Daze and Nausea also seem kind of similar.

I think a nice house rule for this list (I really like the idea for the list, BTW) would be to have a variety of effects available, gaining more as you increase the level, and having longer durations as you increase the level.

As far as a simple fix for exhaustion I'd say switching it with knockdown might do the trick. Does anyone else see any problems with the other levels of PW?

As far as balanced vs the PHB goes, I think that's what they did (we could always go ask, too), and then maybe they used prerequisites to balance further? I look at Monte Cook's site now and then and he said something recently about how the PHB spells at each level were not necessarily balanced with each other (ex, magic missile).

Krizzel

First Post
Another thing, as I was trying to figure out what to do for this round (or actually a few things):

DCs are 10 + spell level + CHA mod, right? I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't find it now.

Evoke just doesn't seem to compare to Evoke Area. Unless I'm reading wrong, Evoke [Element] requires you to first hit the target, and then they get a save too? I suppose the attacks would at least be ranged touch, though. However the Area version just gives a save that I can see - no attack roll necessary.

Victim

First Post
Using Energy missiles increases the damage potential of Evoke. A high level caster can shoot 9d4+180 with Evoke Force and some nice hit rolls. But I still like Evoke Area.

Krizzel

First Post
Hey guys, we should set up a Rogue's Gallery and post the characters over there. I keep forgetting what everyone else can do :p and I think we might be able to coordinate our spells a little bit more.

What does everyone else think?

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Sure, why not. We are working together, and they're tough to find in the threads.

Also, I've been holding back because I wasn't sure if we could rest, Merak are we going to be able to rest between tasks (did anyone say?)?

Keia

Krizzel

First Post
Keia said:
Sure, why not. We are working together, and they're tough to find in the threads.

Also, I've been holding back because I wasn't sure if we could rest, Merak are we going to be able to rest between tasks (did anyone say?)?

Keia

I don't think anyone said we couldn't, so... :)

I sure hope so, as I'm burning through MP pretty quick. Next time I think we need to channel our enemies some how - Elwent would like to be safely behind our melee types! Somewhere he can use his Infuse lists and healing power, along with the fire support of course.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I am pretty confused by the placement of everyone in the combat, making it difficult to plan spells properly.

I have a question: I have Evoke Life, so can I heal others at range with an Evoke Life Blast? That would be way too cool!

Keia

Krizzel

First Post
Keia said:
I am pretty confused by the placement of everyone in the combat, making it difficult to plan spells properly.

I have a question: I have Evoke Life, so can I heal others at range with an Evoke Life Blast? That would be way too cool!

Keia

Isn't it? :)

I almost did this for Kera this time around but the invisibility would've stopped me. But yeah, with Evoke Life you can do it as a touch or ray (as the first 'damage') or a number of missiles (as the second 'damage). Touch or ray goes to one person, while the missiles can be split as long as the targets are nearby, I think. Not sure if you'd have to roll to hit or not for the ranged version though, considering it's not a harmful attack.

Evoke Area Life is like the various 'healing circle' spells, except you could do fan, sphere, or cylinder. Pretty nice ;)

Victim

First Post
The reason there are 2 parts to Kera's move is because I wanted to change her action after the elemental pounded her from another animate object effect to a counter attack. It'd be stupid to continue messing with the rock with an enemy in your face. The second part was for the next round, after Amisel casts Invis.
---------------------------------------------------
I agree. I'm afraid Kera's going to end up hitting several party members when she swings the Inferno Lance around. And I rolled really high on damage too.

We could also be much more coordinated. For example, it would actually have been better for Amisel and Elwent to mess with the rock. They both can Infuse it with a Fly speed, and thus split the costs between them. Kera could have just blasted the goblin to get him out of the way.

Kera could use a rest too. Fighting really burns up MP. For Healing, I think that the Fast Healing line of spells is more MP efficient. Also, because it takes a fairly high level spell to have a good effect, characters will usually cast higher level spells. For example, it takes a 4th level spell to have an hour/level ability buff.

I still don't know how to create a Fire Shield either.

Remove ads