• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EoM game discussion! (Was: EoM game recruitment!)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Should be able to post mine tonight - right in this very spot!

Thanks for your patience,
Keia

Here's my idea for the EOM test - the Holy Paladin/Mage of the Order.

Amisel Vesca
Human Paladin 1 / Mage 4

Alignment: Lawful good
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 235 lbs
Eyes: Sky blue
Hair: Blonde
Skin: light tan

STR: 14 (16) - Infusion
DEX: 12
CON: 14
INT: 16
WIS: 10
CHA: 14 (16)

Hit Dice: 1d10 + 4d4 + 10
HP: 32
AC: 20 [+1 Dex, +6 Armor, +3 Shield] Flatfooted [19], Touch [11]
Initiative: +1
BAB: +3
Melee: +6
Ranged: +4
Speed: 20’

FORT: +8 (3+3+2)
REFL: +5 (1+3+1)
WILL: +7 (4+3+0)

Race & Class Abilities: Spellcaster level 4 1/2 , Simple and Martial Weapon Proficiency, Light and Medium Armor Proficiency, Shield Proficiency, Armored Casting (Major Boon), Detect Evil, Divine Grace, Resist Fear, Moderate Magical Infusion (+2 Strength), Minor Magical Infusion (+5 Sense Motive)

Feats: Weapon focus (longsword), Improved Initiative, Craft Wondrous Item

Spells: Maximum spell level 2; Spell lists known 18; Magic points 17; Cantrips 5; Spell expert [Life, Crystal]

Spell lists:
Animate Object
Abjure [Crystal, Metal]
Abjure Magic
Compel [Undead]
Create [Crystal, Life] Object
Enervate and Restore
Evoke [Crystal, Life]
Fast Healing
Infuse Creature with [Life, Shadow]
Infuse Object with [Life, Force]
Invisibility
Life and Death
Sight

Skills: 56 points
Concentration +9 [7 Ranks]
Diplomacy +10 [7 Ranks]
Dispel Magic +6 [6 Ranks]
Divination +6 [6 Ranks]
Heal +4 [4 Ranks]
Intuit Direction +6 [6 Ranks]
Knowledge Arcana +7 [4 Ranks]
Knowledge Religion +6 [3 Ranks]
Sense Motive +9 [4 Ranks, +5 Infusion]
Spellcraft +9 [6 Ranks]
Spot +5 [+5 Competence]

Equipment:
+1 Breast Plate [1,350 gp]
+1 Large Steel Shield [1,170 gp]
+2 Cloak of Charisma [4,000gp]
Eyes of the Eagle [1,000gp]
MW longsword [315 gp]

Background:
Amisel Vesca is the older brother of Sir Bartola Vesca, a female Knight of the Crimson Eagle. He is a respected member of that evil-hunting order of knights, a pious and devout paladin, and a holy mage. His lack of wisdom is offset by the hard work and diligence he feels toward his tasks. Because he works so hard for what he knows, he can be tolerant of his equals and superiors but leaves little regard for those lesser than he. Those who don't know him well say that his eyes are on the heavens so he does not see who he steps on here on earth.

Amisel bears a breastplate and shield, enameled blue/white in honor of Mystra and the light of her grace.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Hmm, I trying to think of way to create an effect like Fire Shield, that burns attackers. I think maybe a Wall effect, wrapped around the caster, or a Create object effect.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I finished Amisel Vesca and was looking for suggestions and corrections. I was trying to create a holy mage and I think I've got the healing abilities down.

I still have some money to spend and some detailed spell descriptions to go.

Keia

MerakSpielman

First Post
Sounds good, Keia. Looks like we might have a tough, battle-ready group here, ready to take on any CR 5 monster.

Now I should put in some work on my divination puzzles... :) Heh, just kidding.

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
But what problems can't be solved with fire? I thought that fire worked on everything? :)

So we're all in a magical school?

MerakSpielman

First Post
Yes, you are all going to be fifth-year graduates of the Bluetower Academy of Magic (BAM). The BAM has been in existence for centuries, founded by a very wise mage names Jaros Ryver. Its mission is to educate people with magical talent to bring out the fullness of their individual potential.

At the end of the fifth year of rigerous study (equaling 5th level of experience), students are grouped into random bands of four or five students and assigned a Test (a concept shamelessly stolen from numerous fantasy sources). They must step through a pre-arranged portal and overcome a series of obstacles, eventually passing through another portal back into the main chamber of the school. The instructors watch the proceedings through scrying devices and assess the creativity, power, and resoursefullness of the students. Generally, any student that completes the course without cheating is allowed to graduate, regardless of their magical tactics. Occasionally there are fatalities among those taking the Test, but this is rare.

When the game opens, it will be graduation day, and yourselves and two other groups are nervously awaiting the Test. You will go first.

Victim

First Post
Ready to roll. I guess Kera is a transfer student, who played catch up on knowledge arcana and her non fire/force/lava lists.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Please, don'wait for me anymore. I honestly couldn't find a way to design a char of my liking, and I don't want to delay you any more. I'll follow the game, though, and I wish you fun.:)

Remove ads