• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

jkason

First Post
Re: dragomarked plot twists: Neat! But aren't Aberrant marks a feat? Do I need to swap out one of my existing feats for this one?

thanks,

jason

drothgery

First Post
jkason said:
Re: dragomarked plot twists: Neat! But aren't Aberrant marks a feat? Do I need to swap out one of my existing feats for this one?

thanks,

jason

In the past, when DEFCON1's given someone a feat or other ability in-game, it hasn't been at the cost of an existing one.

jkason

First Post
Velmont said:
Jango gives a nice speech and you don't even react to it. As I told, action speak louder then appearance :p

D'oh! I post from work, so sometimes I wind up having to stop mid-post and return to it later. Looks like your post landed in the middle of that and I missed it when the page refreshed.

Actually, though, the post reminds me: I don't remember if we all know Ari has an Aberrant mark or not, or is it just Jango who knows because they were both marked?

For that matter, is there a Church position on dragonmarks (i.e., should Donovan be concerned about persecution by his church for being "an aberration.")?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
jkason said:
Actually, though, the post reminds me: I don't remember if we all know Ari has an Aberrant mark or not, or is it just Jango who knows because they were both marked?
Only Jango knows (because Ari told him when Jango manifested his mark). AFAIK, only Jango, Ari, and our Dragon friend know of his mark.

jkason said:
For that matter, is there a Church position on dragonmarks (i.e., should Donovan be concerned about persecution by his church for being "an aberration.")?
None as far as I know canonically. Aberrants were looked only with revulsion in the long ago past, but now its suspicion more than anything else (many because many folks still give them a bad name). Even the dragonmarked houses are less 'Kill on sight' than they used to be. But, it still has a social stigma to it in some places.

Of course, DEFCON's Eberron might do things a little different, but I haven't picked up on it yet. :)

Velmont

First Post
Jango knows about Ari,s mark because Ari told him in the first adventure.

And I have played Jango while he had his mark as someone who feared to have his secret revealed and finally get rejected by everyone. His fear were consuming him, and that,s how the Daelkyr successfully lure him into his lair again to merge with him. As DEFCON1 never contradict Jango's point of view (which might have been exagereted by the elf's imagination) I suppose there is still some social stigmatisation of the aberant mark wearer.

Remove ads