Eyes Of The Lich Queen OOC

Velmont

First Post
Ironicaly, Jango would not bother much having his mark back. He knows now what his fear have made and now with his new insight with the prophecy and the knowing he would not be alone with such mark would make him accept it.

And Ari could gain a new power...

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I think just to keep the game thread from becoming too long and unwieldy, I'm going to shortly start the Eyes of the Lich Queen Ch. 2 in-game thread. Once everyone's on the boat we're entering the second part of the adventure, so I think a new thread will be good.

Couple other things to bring up:

Right now we are at 5 players. My question is whether any of you think we should re-open admission to the game to get back up to 6 or 7? All 5 of you are all very active players, and we have a very good spread of character roles, so staying with just the 5 is easily doable and I'm quite happy to stay where we are. But if any of you feel like we are missing something in the group, I can certainly look for another player or two if necessary.

Our roles are pretty well covered. Ari and Donovan cover tanking, Donovan and Khalia cover healing, Rogan covers skills and dps, Jango covers arcane power, and Khalia covers ranged combat and non-combat skills.

Secondly... we all know that 4E will be coming out in June. I do not know how many of you are planning to switch over right away, but I am up in the air about it. As I do not play D&D at the tabletop right now, I might very well decide not to buy the books at the start (since ENWorld is my only current D&D playing. The question I have is whether everyone would want to continue the game regardless of whether it stays 3.5 or switches to 4.0? It's the kind of thing where I may read 4E and be so blown away by it that I just wouldn't be able to go back to 3.5... but at the same time, quite a lot of our characters would need to be revamped severely if we upgraded (no hexblades, no sorcerers, no archvists, no prestige classes etc.) I'm inclined to say we'll just stick with 3.5, but there's no guarantee any of us would be able to stand playing the antiquated system once 4E comes out. Just wanted people's opinions on the matter.

Thanx folks!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'm fine w/ our current set.

4E won't have dragonmarks either, which will make things interesting... I'm fine w/ sticking w/ 3.5 for now, though I plan on going 4E in RL (though the Savage Tide game I'm in will stay 3.5).

Velmont

First Post
For being 5, I don't have a problem. If we open again, I would say for no more then one extra player. Over 6 I feel like there is too much people around and there is always some people that feels useless.

For the 4th edition, I don't think it would be a godo move for this game. We are using too many 3.5 rules that won't be easily adapted ot the 4th edition. Also, I havn't much a problem with an old system. I've always focus more on the roleplay over the rollplay and the system behind the story just help the story flow. I think we will lose some flavor of the character if we change to 4th edition.

jkason

First Post
I'll just echo the other sentiments. I think we're doing all right with our current roster, and on the 3.5/4E issue, I'd also agree that conversion seems like kind of a monster of a task to tackle. If there's some mechanic everyone falls in love with in 4E, we could always House Rule it into this game. If not, I'm content to keep going with what we've been doing. :)

jason

drothgery

First Post
I'd want to keep up with this game, whether sticking in 3.5 or moving 4e, at least until the 4e Eberron setting book comes out (presumably next year sometime). I've liked most of what I've seen of 4e, so I'll probably make an attemt at a 4e Khalia when I get the books just as a thought experiment if nothing else. If I've largely moved to 4e by then, though, at that point I'll probably want to switch.

Dave's thought experiments on 4e-izing our party...

Khalia - I'm thinking human cleric with a bit of wizard and/or warlord training (if, as expected, warlords have some 'aura' effects, it might be the best way to simulate Dark Knowledge)
Jango - Eladrin wizard (he seems more like a 'high elf' than a 'wood elf' to me)
Ari - Human fighter with some warlock training
Rogan - Human rogue
Donovan - Human paladin (4e clerics don't seem as front-line oriented as 3e clerics, and 4e paladins less tied to alignments; I suspect a melee cleric probably works better as a pally)

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
drothgery said:
Ari - Human fighter with some warlock training
That'd work rather well w/ the curses. I'd like to see the Swordmage from the 4EFRPG (the arcane defender) as well.

Remove ads