• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Festival of Halina (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Bront said:
As the song comes to an end she says "It's gettin late, I realy should be gettin back ta my wagon."
"Oh, that this night could continue", replied Oirhandir wistfully, knowing that all good things must end. "But tomorrow is another day", he continued as her hand slipped from his, his eyes promising without words that he'd look for her on the morn.

Was there just a glint of longing in her eyes? But she turned and melted into the crowd, and Oirhandir knew he'd have to look up the encampment across from the scroll merchant in order to pursue his heart's desire.
Bront said:
Murmurs sift through the crowd and the music stops. A few people in the crowd cry out "My belt pouch is missing". The female gnome looks around nervously, but the male gnome steps up and says "It was an acident. I keep one up my sleeve for a cheep parlor trick, and it slipped out. You can search me if you want, I ain't got nothin else on me."
Oirhandir made his way through the crowd toward the disturbance, checking himself for missing possessions while trying not to be too obvious about it.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi winces slightly as he bumps more harshly than he intended into the couple, but then a slight smirk appears on his face as the dagger falls to the floor.

"Well, th' plan worked, at least..." He mutters to himself as everything quiets down.

Gnome
"It was an acident. I keep one up my sleeve for a cheep parlor trick, and it slipped out. You can search me if you want, I ain't got nothin else on me."

"I can plainly see yer lyin'." Troi says matter-of-factly. "An' I dunno if it's you I wanna search, though since ye're off'rin', I don't see why not." He nods at his female companion. "She looks pretty guilty, though. Let's 'ave both a ya empty yer pockets, eh? An' if ya got any weapons, drop 'em, an' empty out any bags er sacks er pouches ya got on ya, too. An' don't try ta pull anythin', 'cause I might hafta permanently remove yer ability ta do any more parlor tricks, y'know what I mean?"

two

First Post
[SBLOCK] I just am getting caught up with everything after a busy weekend, Sunny is currently half-drunk and attempting to out-guzzle a half-elf... [/SBLOCK]

Kishwa Dogteeth

First Post
Fang swung around in front of Hellen.

"Stay close. tings like dese 'ave a way'a gettin ugly."

Fang walked over towards the commotion, and attempted to get within striking distance of the pair.

Bront

The man with the probe
The gnome female, panics and tries to bolt, but the crowd has formed around her and she simply bounces off of several people's legs. She begins to to tremble a bit "It was his fault, he suggested it." He responds "It was not, you said we'd..." and they begin to go on till one of the burliest looking elves you've ever seen steps in. Murmers of "the sheriff" pass through the crowd as he bellows "What seems to be the problem here?"

The crowd fills him in on what they saw, and Troi fills in a few details as well. "Well now, is that so?" He picks up the gnome female by her dress and a few pouches with cut strings fall out. Both gnomes turn ashen as the Sheriff scoops them up in his other hand, looks at them, and then puts them in a pouch he's carrying. "Looks like I'll have to take care of you two." He picks up the other gnome, and with one under each arm, he shouts out "Anyone who's missing their coinpurse can see me in about an hour after I deal with them." He turns to Troi and quickly says "Thank you kind sir for your help. Wish there were more people like you here in Covington. You're welcome to help me search them and sort this mess out if you'd like." With that, he turns back and wanders into the town, with the two gnomes kicking and screaming ineffectively in his arms. The crowd begins to slowly applaud the Sherrif and Troi, and the applauss gets louder as people realize it's over.

Soon after, the music starts up again, with a much more upbeat tempo as the Half-elf caller starts up another line dance, and as quckly as the festivities stoped, they start up again.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Sheriff
"Thank you kind sir for your help. Wish there were more people like you here in Covington. You're welcome to help me search them and sort this mess out if you'd like."

Troi nods. "Nah, my job's done here, I s'pose. No need fer me ta continue bein' involved, y'know? Ya got it under control."

He breathes a small sigh of relief as the sheriff wanders away. He looks about himself as things begin returning to normal, then wanders up to Oirhandir.

"Ye're goin' on watch soon, right?" He asks. "Ya want some comp'ny? I'm thinkin' 'bout headin' back an' gettin' some sleep er somethin', maybe get some practice in with my boomerang."

El Jefe

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Ye're goin' on watch soon, right?" He asks. "Ya want some comp'ny? I'm thinkin' 'bout headin' back an' gettin' some sleep er somethin', maybe get some practice in with my boomerang."
Oirhandir nodded his approval. "It's been a long day", he agreed. "Perhaps some quiet time back at camp would be just what we need."

Remove ads