[FULL] OOC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux [FULL]

worthley

First Post
It was me that said not to change any more rules. My desire to not change rules anymore comes from the formula: playing a game > arguing over rules. If we remove arguing, more time to play a game.

TiCaudata

First Post
Ya know, for two people who profess nothing but a strong desire to play, you guys don't seem to actually post too terribly often...

oh yeah, and there's a fair to middling chance that I won't be able to check the boards from work as of 5:30ish tonight.

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Re: Ti's sblock in the IC thread

I decided to move this here.

1) Allustan likely would not intend to go with Erdolliel. He would tell her that he was told about the mural room by the prior group, that he is interested in it, but that his focus now is on the "puzzle" that is bringing him to Blackwall Keep. Assuming that Erdolliel tries to persuade him otherwise (I think diplomacy would be appropriate), she fails to convince him (rolled a 5). He indicates that it is really his preference that they already be moving, but that he understands the party's need to rest/craft/etc. While he is willing to give them the time to do so, he intends to do what he can in the meantime on his "puzzle."

2) I don't know whether the "you" in Kushnak's comment was directed at Allustan, Nethezar, or even Bazrim.

3) Apparently we still have issues. The reason I chose to make the little summary in #1 above, rather than play it out, is because we seem to be stalling... again. It is my understanding that some of you have been talking or IMing about this. It is further my understanding that such communications haven't always been cordial. I'm not going to beg people to post. I'm not going to make anything greater than a passing reference to the irony of people saying they would rather play than talk OOC and then not posting. Do we need to talk more about this?

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel relays the information, particularly about the "puzzle" to the group. As Kushnak begins to work on some items (she'd prolly want a pair of striding boots if we decide they don't have to spring) Erdolliel gathers up Eskard (and any of the others interested in coming) and ensures that the cairn is free of hazards to her life.

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak was talking to neth - I was under the same assumption as you - that Erdolliel might or might not be back yet because she hadn't finished talking to Allustan, so I was just responding to the only person that was there.

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak was talking to neth - I was under the same assumption as you - that Erdolliel might or might not be back yet because she hadn't finished talking to Allustan, so I was just responding to the only person that was there.

Dichotomy

Explorer
I said that I was going to try harder to keep the game moving and such. So, that's what I'm going to try to do.

1) I believe that Erdolliel and Eskard are going to scout out the Whispering Cairn. I believe that Kushnak intends to craft. Nethezar may or may not do one of those (he will either scribe scrolls or go to the cairn). Is Bazrim doing anything?

2) Did any of the characters actually want to make a suggestion about Kushnak's crafting (other than Nethezar's query as to what he can make and Ti's OOC note about boots)? Likewise, did anyone want to make any suggestions to Nethezare about scrolls?

3) I have been... negligent regarding the treasure spreadsheet. It appears to have been done, but I wanted to make certain that we have in fact accounted for (a) "selling" stuff to Allustan to get the resources for the raise dead spell and (b) actually selling stuff to allow the purchase of crafting materials.

I seem to think there was something else about which I wanted clarification, but I don't recall now...

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel would have mentioned the boots instead of just the OC comment, I guess I could have played that out better. She will certainly not mind getting a vest.

The rest looks right to me, we ended up with 2600 odd gold of materials I think.

worthley

First Post
I have a question if this is meta gaming or not. Bazrim can craft wands. He knows he just gained this ability along with other abilities (i.e. just figured out). He knows that to craft a wand, it takes some of his personal strenght away (exp loss). Is Bazrim aware that he will lose his abilites he just gained if he were to craft a wand? I think this is a very grey area in the game, and just wanted your opinions on this.

Remove ads