Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

Shayuri

First Post
"This place is a maze," Cassandra whispers. "Are we going to be able to get out in time? This whole place is going to come down on top of us...I feel like we should be working out an exit plan as we go."

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: I've had a minor snag in the way I was going to run something during this mission, so I may take a few days to come up with a fix that doesn't require any retconning.
Atop that, Planetside 2 released and I lost a day to that, and my 30th birthday(Which is also my 10 year anniversary of joining ENWorld!) is only a week away, so Apologies for the further delays.

Jemal

Adventurer
After that breath-holding moment which seemed to last weeks, the party slowly moves past the guards into the hallway, relatching the door behind them. One of the guards shivers slightly as Frost moves a bit too close to him, but aside from that the party gets between them without any further problems.

Now on the proper level, Grid opens his mind to access the systems down here. The code is masterfully written, and if he didn't have his enhanced abilities, it would have taken him hours, maybe days, to break in.
But that was the old days, he couldn't help but grin to himself as the thought crossed his mind. A moment later, Grid is able to access the cameras down here, and between him and Felix, the group is able to find their way through the labyrinthine corridors. They pass three guards, but Enoch's illusion holds as they pass.

After several minutes of walking, they find their way into the lab. This deep in the complex, the door is actually unguarded, and the lock a simple card-swipe that Grid is able to bypass easily. Opening the door, the team shuffles into a massive laboratory. Inside are two scientists doing paperwork. One looks up as though he heard something, then shrugs and returns to his work.

Off to the side is a large vault with a biohazard symbol, and inside that is what they have come for.
OOC: OK, less narrative than I had initially intended, but previous issue now resolved. *YAY* SO, you've made it to the lab UNDETECTED, there are two scientists doing paperwork, several computers, and the vault. How do you proceed?

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, The Grid

"I don't expect we'll be able to entirely trash this place and the computer without those two eventually noticing," Terry whispers to the others. "And even if we could, I figure the illusion would fade long before we could get out of here?" he looks to Enoch for confirmation.

"I suppose first thing, then, we need to help those two take a nap. Laura, maybe this is up your alley?" he suggests, "Unless your whammy includes a mental lullaby, Enoch?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Agreed, drain them up Shadow, they need to take a nap anyway; stressing job that of scientists. Grid, keep the cameras looking the other way as she does so please. Then we'll work easier."

BBs

First Post
Laura kept silent the entire time for fear of setting anything off, but with the otehr talking she answers in a whisper "Sure any help would be nice, but do you think there would be some sort of power alarm like 'Mutant power detected on level such and such?' Either way, I'm all up for getting them out of harms way and giving them a nap. Just say the word." Laura tenses herself readying to sneak up ot the guard to give him a nap.

Voidrazor

First Post
Enoch had seemed a little nervous and pale after the close call, but now his grin is back in full force. "Couple of lab rats? Its a criminal waste of your talents. Can you just keep them quiet while I grab their brains? I can have them tell us everything they know, control their actions for hours, even simulate an outbreak. With luck, nobody has to know we were ever here. We've got options."

Shayuri

First Post
"You can do that while you're still keeping us invisible?" Cassandra whispers, impressed. Her powers were strong, but she couldn't generally do more than one big thing at a time. It just took too much concentration.

Remove ads