Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 2: Vegas!

BBs

First Post
Laura not caring about the armed guards or the swat charged the man that controlled, took advantage, and tricked her. Striking him was all the time she needed to attempt to grab hold, and hoping to drain him to nothing more than a husk.

OOC: Huh, to do a grapple check, do I have to roll anything, or does the opposition just roll a resistance check? :confused: Used to the old ways of rolling grapple checks. Either way, rolling just in case.

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Katrina was just about to shift form when the SWAT team burst in. "What a close one" she thinks to herself.

"Now, hopefully I can get out of this alive without attracting too much attention."

OOC: Katrina will pick up any sort of item to use as an improvised weapon, and ready an action to strike anyone who attacks her.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
<Burlesque, Cass & Uomo>
Saphire smiles "Well since you asked so nicely." She grabs a pen, writing her number on Uomo's hand.
"Don't be afraid to call for non-business." She looks up at the clock "Unfortunately time's up, I gotta get back to work. If you wanna talk more, call me after work.. or you could just buy another dance." She leans in to whisper to him "Maybe without the audience.." then stands up and starts to get dressed.

Jemal

Adventurer
<Swanky Hotel - Laura, Kat, Enoch> *Combat*
[sblock=initiative]
Laura 26
Chris 18
Enoch 16
Gunners 13
Kat 10
[/sblock]
Laura tackles Chris, taking him to the ground with her by surprise, then attempting to drain his life away. He manages to resist her efforts however, possibly using his psychic powers to dampen her weakening touch.

OOC:
Since Lauras Drain is a reaction to touch, it doesn't take any action on her part beyond touching him. It happens once during the surprise round grapple, and again b/c she won initiative during her first turn.
Unfortunately, he made a pair of great rolls and is unaffected by both (The psychic dampening is just fluff, he's not actually psychically defending himself) . He is however quite well grabbed. I'll assume Laura spends her actual action as a readied action to regrab him should he escape (Since it only takes a free action to maintain, and the draining is free from touch)... which he fails at.

It's Enoch's turn.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Hmm, lets see if the king of mind games can keep up with me. Enoch has his illusory self raise his hands in surrender. Then, as he starts a tricky illusion involving Laura, he creates a distraction, someone spraying the warden and guards with an assault rifle from around the corner. But the main event is a phantasm of Laura swinging Chris around, at blinding speed, like a baseball bat. Enoch aims to catch all the guards as well as the warden in faux whirlwind of violence, and end with phantasmal Laura still holding Chris, but from a different position from that of the actual woman.

OOC: Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo smiles, "Sure, we'll keep in touch gorgeous." he replies with a wink. After Saphire stands up and goes away, Uomo leads Cassandra outside. He clears his throat. "Sorry I put you through that; despite all I think we have our ticket in. Lets check back with the rest of the team, shall we?"

Jemal

Adventurer
OOC: at this point I think it's safe to drop initiative and let you guys finish the combat in a narrative. With Laura free and chris.. Handled... You guys should have no problems with the rest.
Kat would easily realize there are mutations in play.
So how do you guys intend to handle the situation? What will you do with the crooks and their slaves?

Voidrazor

First Post
Once all the opposition is unconscious Enoch says, "I think I can make sure that warden sleazebag doesn't weasel out of this. And that should do for his lame-ass crew. But I'm not sure what to do with mind-rapey guy. He looks at Laura suddenly uncomfortable. I know he totally has it coming, but you weren't going to actually kill him right? I know you have this whole terrorist rep, but from what I've seen that's usually just what governments call anyone they don't like."

OOC: I don't suppose Katrina wants to introduce herself?

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra chuckles and shrugs. "I'm a big girl, Uomo," she assures him. "And a reporter. It takes more than a little sleaze to offend me. But yeah, I think it's high time we put these pieces together into an actual plan."

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Katrina looks around at the other mutation in play in the room.

"Ok" she shifts to stone form. "Who are you people?"

Remove ads