Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Rising OOC (Game has started!)

renau1g

First Post
The Crystal:

PL: 10 (150pp)

Abilities: STR: 14 [34] (+12) DEX: 14 (+2) CON: 16 (+3) INT: 12 (+1) WIS: 14 (+2) CHA: 14 (+2)

Skills: Climb 8 (+10), Intimidate 12 (+14), Medicine 12 (+14), Sense Motive 8 (+10), Swim 8 (+10)

Feats: All-Out Attack, Attack Specialization [Unarmed] (2), Attack Specialization [Blast] (2), Improved Block, Power Attack, Stunning Attack, Teamwork, Weapon Break

Powers: Absorption [Energy] 8 (Boost: Blast; Flaws: Limited – Light Based Attacks [-2]; 16pp), Alternate form [Solid] 11 (Density 10 [+20 Str, Protection 5 (Impervious), 3 Immovable, 3 Super Strength 3 (Power Feat: Ground Strike)] Immunity 9 [Life Support], Protection 6 [Impervious 8]; 55pp)

Combat: Attack +4 (+8 Unarmed or Blast) [Unarmed +12] Defense 16 (13 flat-footed) Init +2

Saves: Toughness +14 (13 Impervious) (14 flat-footed) Fortitude +10 Reflex +4 Will +6

Abilities 24 + Skills 12 (48 Ranks) + Feats 10 + Powers 71+ Combat 20 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 0 = 150pp

Thoughts? I'll also work up the full background upon approval.

Thanks Jemal!

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Walking Dad - I'm gonna need a bit more info on your shapeshift ability. Your original description of "Transforms his body in chemical elements or compounds. Limited elasticity and basic form change. Able to disguise into objects, but not persons." Had me thinking something else, but your shapeshift ability "Shapeshift 6 (limited to elemental states) (basically the powers you can get with alternate form: Particle, Solid, Liquid, gas)" is confusing me a little.

Secondly, is he super strong and super tough when he's not in an alternate form?

Renau1g - Whoops... I did specify (both in my last post and in the character creation guidelines) that I don't want Boosts or Healing, but I'd totally gloosed over the fact that thats what absorption does.. I'll give it to you based on the limitation to light based attacks and the fact that a giant crystal redirecting energy does make sense to me.

I do like how both characters submitted so far have the Teamwork feat. :D

Mark Chance - Sorry to hear that. If you get time later feel free to check back, comics are always writing in new heroes. ;)

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, sorry about springing new things on you guys, but..

ANY abilities that were enhanced and aren't your 'natural state' (IE what you were like BEFORE gaining your powers) should be bought through powers.
So for instance if you're playing a super-strong character with a 40 str, you would have to take the enhanced strength power to make up the difference between the 40 and whatever your character's base was. (18 if he were a body builder, more likely 12 for an avg person)

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I'm going to go with the Omnimental idea, but I have a question.

There's sort of two subsets to this idea. The first is to use Alternate form (in an array) to have a character who can shift between four states, each with it's own powers, one at a time.

The second is to make a character who doesn't physically change into elemental forms, but has powers to control the elements in four separate arrays. This would let her mix and match a bit, though with the expense of four arrays, the individual powers wouldn't be as strong.

Jemal, do you think one or the other of these would be more suited to the game?

I'm also concerned that my 'alternate form' idea seems perilously close to what Walking Dad is talking about.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Jemal, I'm alittle confused. Without trade offs Max Attack is +3 and Max defense is +3, but you can increase those numbers through trade offs feats and powers (ie. shield)? Is this correct?

renau1g

First Post
Renau1g - Whoops... I did specify (both in my last post and in the character creation guidelines) that I don't want Boosts or Healing, but I'd totally gloosed over the fact that thats what absorption does.. I'll give it to you based on the limitation to light based attacks and the fact that a giant crystal redirecting energy does make sense to me.

Sorry Jemal, I missed the boost part, brain fart or something.

Jemal

Adventurer
Rellique - I wasn't aware there WAS a 'max three' rule for attack and defense, I can't find it in the book anywhere.
... Unless you're referring to my 'all characters must have 3 BASE attack and BASE defense' ruling. That only refers to the BASE attack and defense bonus bought from page 32. feats and powers can increase these beyond three, but trade-offs will not affect your BASE bonuses, only the max you can have using feats/powers.

Shayuri - Aye that does seem to be a problem. I'm still waiting on WD's response to my last question. I hadn't originally thought his concept was so close to yours, it seemed different. Both the form change and the elemental control types would work for me.

As for the control being more expensive, it DOES specify right in the Element Control power that you can take the other elements as AP's.
Even if you want to be able to control them all at the same time, that could be a goal of the character, and as you learn to harness multiple elements at once you could change the array to Dynamic and/or eventually multiple arrays using the power points gained from play, to represent your characters learning curve.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Rellique - I wasn't aware there WAS a 'max three' rule for attack and defense, I can't find it in the book anywhere.
... Unless you're referring to my 'all characters must have 3 BASE attack and BASE defense' ruling. That only refers to the BASE attack and defense bonus bought from page 32. feats and powers can increase these beyond three, but trade-offs will not affect your BASE bonuses, only the max you can have using feats/powers.

I was referring to your character creation rules in the first post. Anyways, thanks for clearing it up because for some reason I was thinking that +3 was the highest it would be allowed to go (even after feat bonuses were added to the number).

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Anyways, I'm thinking Dusk's "shadow form" serves as more of non-offensive purpose. So even though Dusk's attacks will have affects insubstantial, they won't have affects coporeal. Also, his concealment power will be passive, meaning if Dusk wants to attack someone that's solid he's forced to go solid and if he targets something insubstantial he can't be concealed.

Remove ads