• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal : Prisoners!!(Inmates Chosen)

-SIN-

First Post
Jemal -

RE: Abyssal Blast. My mistake. I confused myself somewhat. I stand corrected. Thanks

RE: Belt +6, Gauntlets+2. What should I do? I can either get rid of them for something else, or what about making the belt+8 in exchange for my lvl?...

Let mw know what you want me to do.

Jemal

Adventurer
Ah yes, i just read the IC thread.

SIN: Actully, I just went over your sheet and there's several problems there..

Amulet of Natural armour + 3would be 9,000. you paid for a +4.
The gauntlets would have been 4,000 not 5,000 as you listed.
A +3 Thundering weapon costs 32,000(Plus weapon cost), you only paid 20,000

And, as Avalon pointed out, Enhancements don't stack.

I just don't see how I missed all this the first time round...

As I see it, here's what you can do to fix it:
keep the nat armour +3 amulet, at 9,000. (You gain 7,000)
Drop the gauntlets, (You gain 5,000)
Pay the extra 12,000 for your weapon
All problems fixed.

Also, could you remind me what the quickness ability on your armour is and why it costs 6,000 gp?

OH, and finally RE: Your abyssal blast.. Isn't that a Fireball that's half divine damage? I don't see where the 'save for 3/4' comes in... The divine damage is still subject to saving throws, it just overcomes fire resistance/immunities.

Last edited:

-SIN-

First Post
Ok, that's cool. I'll fix his sheet in the RG

The 'Thundering Hammer' is quite ironic - A Wizo at wotc worked the pricing for that!

Quickness adds +5' to movement move permenantly. This price was also given by said Wizo. Please tell me that's wrong too and I swear I'll never buy another wotc product ever again!

Yup, spot on with the abyssal blast - I knew it overcame something!... just not saving throws... D'oh!

My apologies for any mistakes. I HATE pricing magic stuff - I ALWAYS cock it up!

( And yes, I failed math... And the re-take... :( )

Last edited:

-SIN-

First Post
They're not 'listed' items if that's what you mean.

The attribute 'quickness' is from the MIC, whilst thundering is from the DMG. I listed the item build, he calc'd it.

Autumn

First Post
Hmmm. My post for this round was based on the assumption that everybody would keep running, since there's still another two rounds' of movement before they'll catch up (which would give everybody a chance to get to Celes' position and to get closer to the fort and within medium spell range). But if Eoghan and Valak are gonna make their stand where they are then I guess I'll change my post to have Celes charging out too, since after all she's last in the Init order now and if she sees everybody already fighting then she's not just gonna hold her position and watch.

Remove ads