• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant Spider Needs Stats

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Unbelievably cool, damned if I know how to stat it :\

Maybe you should stat it as if it were a creature then apply construct traits?

You could start with a juggernaut and drop it a size category to large, or use the clockwork steed as a basis, or apply the effigy template to a monstrous vermin and file of some of the abilities that don't match.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Those are good ideas. My default was to just go with it as an animated object, but that seemed to be the coward's way out. ;)

Slapzilla

First Post
COOOOOL!

Check out Golems and Shield Guardian to see how they locomotivate. How does the Apparatus of Kwalish move about?

HeavenShallBurn's creative ideas are dang good too.

Don't be afraid of Animated Object either. The spells needed for it would be extraordinary to be sure but thats what Wish/Miracle are for eh?

I'll try to work out some lists based on the golem/construct angle and post them later tonight.

Pinotage

Explorer
Neat! Not sure if it needs stats or not. Perhaps it could just be considered a magical items of some sorts with hp based on a construct of its size, and hardness. Movement rate could be fixed to, and the operator could use various actions to perform special manuevers. Since there is an operator, I'd build it as a magical item.

Pinotage

Remove ads