Gloomhaven RPG Will Have More Than 600 Miniatures

A certain million-dollar crowdfunder

GHRPG_2_07bef3c7-3b65-4272-b9a6-9becb6fe0cb9_1000x.jpg

Crowdfunding on Kickstarter competitor Backerkit on June 20th, the official tabletop RPG of the popular Gloomhaven boardgame will come loaded with more than 600 miniatures.

There will be a core set of 250+ minis, with add-ons offering many more.

Miniatures tend to push Kickstarters into the upper echelons, and with Gloomhaven's existing following it seems likely that this will very easily (and quickly) join the million dollar Kickstarter club. Already 30,000 people have signed up to follow the campaign, and it's still two months away.

The RPG book and card set itself will contain 8 ancestries, 16 classes, plus backgrounds, skills, and attributes.

Staffan

Legend
Six hundred minis, or stls?
I'm guessing physical minis. Gloomhaven has 240 monster standees spread over 34 monster types and 13 bosses (at least one of which is actually a pair), and Frosthaven has 327 monster standees spread over 48 monster types and 16 bosses (one of which is a pair, but two of the bosses use PC minis). There is quite a bit of overlap between the two – about 20 of the Frosthaven monster types are also in Gloomhaven. Jaws of the Lion and Forgotten Circles add a little bit to the total as well.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I think this launches tomorrow. Who is in?

I'll be looking at it, but I'm 90% sure I won't back. Our financial situation isn't what it was....
I'm really interested in the RPG part of this, but I'd like to introduce you to my Reaper and Shadows of Brimstone minis that are paying rent in my house. No more minis for me.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I had forgotten about this one, thanks for the reminder. Curious how it turns out in the first day as it seems like a CMON Kickstarter type appeal and following.

Remove ads

Remove ads