Gloomhaven RPG Will Have More Than 600 Miniatures

A certain million-dollar crowdfunder

GHRPG_2_07bef3c7-3b65-4272-b9a6-9becb6fe0cb9_1000x.jpg

Crowdfunding on Kickstarter competitor Backerkit on June 20th, the official tabletop RPG of the popular Gloomhaven boardgame will come loaded with more than 600 miniatures.

There will be a core set of 250+ minis, with add-ons offering many more.

Miniatures tend to push Kickstarters into the upper echelons, and with Gloomhaven's existing following it seems likely that this will very easily (and quickly) join the million dollar Kickstarter club. Already 30,000 people have signed up to follow the campaign, and it's still two months away.

The RPG book and card set itself will contain 8 ancestries, 16 classes, plus backgrounds, skills, and attributes.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
As far as I can tell, there is no PDF of the RPG.....odd.
That's what I'm seeing as well. It looks like they are all in on the physical product for the RPG. It looks to be a product in the same sense as Warhammer RPG third edition, which I enjoyed but people generally didn't have a positive reaction to. Definitely thinking about this one but if they had a PDF only level, I'd back it in a second.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
That's what I'm seeing as well. It looks like they are all in on the physical product for the RPG. It looks to be a product in the same sense as Warhammer RPG third edition, which I enjoyed but people generally didn't have a positive reaction to. Definitely thinking about this one but if they had a PDF only level, I'd back it in a second.
I need A LOT more info on the RPG.....there don't appear to be many monsters? I mean, I feel like I could play an RPG with the existing rules, frankly. There is nothing on the page that tells me why I'd want the RPG.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Thirty monsters is not a bestiary. It's barely an appendix. We have no idea how long the books are at all. We don't know anything, really......pretty bad marketing here, imo. Not that it matters, they'll get to 2MM (I think).

Staffan

Legend
I'm probably going to sit this one out. I would be interested in Frosthaven minis, except:
  1. They don't seem to offer a way to get all the minis for Frosthaven without also getting a bunch of unneeded minis from Gloomhaven. That is, all the minis that are shared between the two games are in the Gloomhaven minis set.
  2. I'm playing Frosthaven now. I don't know if I will still be playing it a year and a half from now (and that's assuming there won't be any delays on a project this frikkin' huge).
  3. Frosthaven is a big chonky boi of a game as it is. Adding about 360 minis to that (assuming they split off the shared minis from Gloomhaven) is going to be overwhelmingly big. I'd need a bigger apartment first.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
They just passed 1 million dollars, which, that's a lot! But still, not what they hoped at this point, I'd guess.

Frankly, the lack of PDF, LOOOOOONG timeline, and lack of any detail on the RPG (and only 30+ monsters) are real turn offs for me.

Remove ads

Remove ads