• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hey guys

Myth and Legend

First Post
Well yes. Why fix something that was not broken? In fact, there were two broken things: me not updating enough and Bolgrim being 4 levels above the party and nearly killing Thok in three rounds. :D But I've learned now!

The thing is though, how much do the others remember? We've had some good PC to NPC interractions (Thok with Merry, Herriman with Vivian, and some others but the players are no loner around)

Voda Vosa

First Post
I remember everything, and sincerely, I don't see the need of restarting, if someone forgot something, there's the thread. Read up!

Dragonwriter

First Post
The thing is though, how much do the others remember? We've had some good PC to NPC interractions (Thok with Merry, Herriman with Vivian, and some others but the players are no loner around)

I remember some of the storyline well enough, but the character is the problem for me.

I rather lost track of Herriman's intended style towards the end of the updates and have really lost it in the time since. :p (And VV, merely reading the thread/s won't really help with that. Frame of mind is trickier for me. ;))

Myth and Legend

First Post
Sorc/Monk it is then!

Dragonwriter: Herriman was creted with Incarnum, he was a combination of sneak and tank. Vivian the vampiress took a liking to him and gave him a cloak of protection +3. He followed Latham the (back then PC but currently NPC) Wizard and took note of his meeting with another Wizard and the booklet he took.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
In fact, there were two broken things: me not updating enough and Bolgrim being 4 levels above the party and nearly killing Thok in three rounds. :D But I've learned now!
)

There is a way of making an encounter more balanced. I will try and find it for you. It was designed by Wulfratbane. sort of a budget based on party xp value vs monster xp value

Dragonwriter

First Post
Dragonwriter: Herriman was creted with Incarnum, he was a combination of sneak and tank. Vivian the vampiress took a liking to him and gave him a cloak of protection +3. He followed Latham the (back then PC but currently NPC) Wizard and took note of his meeting with another Wizard and the booklet he took.

Yeah, got all that. It's the matter of trying to go back to playing him after such a long break and remember how he thinks and reacts that is giving me trouble. Not RPing a character for a long time causes some serious memory holes in how to actually play them. :p

At this point, I don't really think I'd enjoy trying to play Herriman again, in large part due to me having forgotten much of his personality. Merely reading over the threads and his sheet really won't help with that, I'm afraid. I think it'll be both easier and more enjoyable for me to work up a new character.

Myth and Legend

First Post
By all means, new character it is. We have a sorcerer and a Barbarian so far. Perhaps if Holy Man decides to pick Kye up again or roll an new character... Anyway, for now we have physical damage/tanking and arcane power.

Scott, while math can help, there are other things to consider, mainly, how one's players prefer to roll, develop and play their characters.

Throwing a Barbarian/FrenziedBerzerker 4 levels higher than the group, who uses Power Attack and has a decent weapon is too much burst damage for a party that does not abuse it's powers (level 8 yet they were not flying, being invisible, shooting rays of stupidity etc.) Pretty much I wanted to have a slightly harder challenge for the melee heavy party but with the dropping of two of the melee characters it was left to Thok and Kye to tackle the encounter, and that 50% reduction in firepower really mattered.

That same encounter can be soloed by someone abusing a Wizard, and Thok on the other hand can solo incorporeal things with a plain +1 greatsword with sheer dice love. It's all in perspective on the situation.

Remove ads