• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I apologize for my book post

Status
Not open for further replies.

damiynn

First Post
I didnt know I was wrong for posting a recommendation about a good book, I only recently in the past couple of months just started these types of messages, Yes I have posted a few other posts about A Kings Quest, I loved the book. Since I don't read that much fantasy I thought it would be appreciated. I have also read seveal other books some I liked and some I didnt as well. I did not mean to upset anyone and thought that the book was a good one, Sorry

Last edited:

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
the Jester said:
I don't think it's a big deal, though if you are the author, you prolly should have so stated.
I agree. Nothing wrong with coming in and pimping your own work, it happens often enough around here with gaming books. Just be honest, ask if people are willing to give it a look and post a review if they read it. I think people here would be honest about what they thought about the work. If you fear honest, and fairly well thought-out opinions (usually ;) ), you probably shouldn't bother pimping your work here.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Thornir Alekeg said:
I agree. Nothing wrong with coming in and pimping your own work, it happens often enough around here with gaming books. Just be honest
There's the sticking point.

Harmon

First Post
It takes a big person to apologize. :cool:

Your apology is accepted. Might I ask though that you admit or deny the author rumor?

I have yet to get to the book store, but I will take a look and perhaps purchase the book on your word alone.

Luck to you and yours. :)

Harmon said:
It takes a big person to apologize. :cool:
The thing is, this isn't an apology. This poster is clearly the author of the book; if he were to genuinely apologise, it would be for posing as a fan in order to generate false advertising. What he posted here is just as disingenuous as his original 'review' in my opinion.

I commend the hard work, ambition, and drive Wedhorn/damiynn showed in getting his book to print. It's unfortunate that he would be willing to risk his reputation and all of his effort with this sort of unethical stunt.

Harmon

First Post
Ulorian said:
The thing is, this isn't an apology. This poster is clearly the author of the book; if he were to genuinely apologise, it would be for posing as a fan in order to generate false advertising. What he posted here is just as disingenuous as his original 'review' in my opinion.

The effort of apologizing takes a lot for some people, it is an injury to their pride. Anyone willing to step up and say- "I am sorry, I did this," should get the chance to explain, if we all attack and denounce, then why ever make the effort? Give him the chance, allow him the opening that I gave him to say- "ya, you know I lied, I didn't think I'd get caught and I did."

Now the question of- "are you sorry you did it, or sorry you got caught?" should be brought up. I know I have done things that I regret, but if I backed off then things would be worse so I had to continue the lie to its end in order to save further injury by people that I knew would not accept any kind of apology.

Ulorian said:
I commend the hard work, ambition, and drive Wedhorn/damiynn showed in getting his book to print. It's unfortunate that he would be willing to risk his reputation and all of his effort with this sort of unethical stunt.

He might not have seen any other way, but your point about saying- "hay I wrote this book," was not lost.

Allow him the chance is all I am saying. When we give damiynn another chance we allow others to see us in a new light.

I say to the accused- "Speak up!" Tell us why. :)

(We can string him up later for lying to us. ;) )

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
I'm of two minds about this thread. On the one hand, we don't generally allow users to open new threads on the subject of closed ones; and we don't allow threads that focus on whether another user has misbehaved; and we don't allow threads in the wrong forum

On the other hand, I'm really interested in what Daviynn has to say about his possible authorship of the book in question.

Daviynn, I'm going to close this thread, too, but I'll make a request: if you bring up this book again, would you please state clearly one way or the other whether you're the author?

Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads