D&D 5E I like to hit stuff, and I do it as ...

I like to hit stuff as a ...

• Barbarian

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Valor Bard

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Champion

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Battlemaster

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Monk

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Paladin

Votes: 24 28.2%
  • Ranger

Votes: 7 8.2%

• Poll closed .

Nevvur

Explorer
I reached 11th level as a paladin (Improved Divine Smite) and acquired a Flame Tongue in the same session. I was into hitting things before, but now it's more like a calling.

ccs

41st lv DM
Um, Ranger I guess?
I'm playing a ranger in 5e for the 3nd time. This time as an UA beast-master.

Wich is pretty impressive as I've only played 9 5e characters....
Warforged Fighter (Eldritch Knight)
1/2ling Land Druid
1/2 Elf Ranger (beast master)
Gnome Monk
1/2ling Warlock
1/2ling Barbarian (for 2 sessions before the game collapsed :()
Dwarf Ranger (Hunter)
Human Fighter (not yet high enough for a sub-class)
1/2elf Ranger (UA beast master - actually the same character as the 1st 1/2elf ranger, just with different BM mechanics)

aco175

Legend
What I like more than hitting stuff is rolling more dice. I like the thief and mage classes that let me roll many dice even if the enemy makes a save and only takes half.

Slit518

Adventurer
I will choose the Oath of Vengeance Paladin for a few reasons:

1) Smites from spells

2) Divine Smite from using spell slots - sure the Paladin only gets 2 attacks, but they can make up for it with a Vow of Enmity and Divine Smite combination!

3) Vow of Enmity allows as a Bonus Action for you to gain Advantage against your target without repercussion like Reckless Attack

Mercule

Adventurer
Ranger. And by Ranger, I mean the idealized Aragorn badassery that is Ranger, in my head. Or something.

I only GM, so it's not like it matters, anyway.

I'd probably be happy to play any of them, though -- well, besides Barbarian. I love a good Barbarian like you love a good Paladin. Which is to say, I reject the underlying premise of that adjective being applicable to that noun.

Remove ads