I was right about Shield Master

Yunru

Banned
Banned
When you go to college you can have a car.
And thus, most students get their car when they get their acceptance. When they start going to college.

The act of going to college must be completed before the car is given.
Uhhhh... No? The act of going to college being completed means they've either dropped out or graduated. Not started.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
No, you are in the process of taking the attack action if you haven’t completed it. If you are in the process of taking something the. You haven’t taken it yet

Oh you didn't just!

You, Mr., are out of line. I never once argued that you have "taken" something, mid-doing it.

But let's buy into your example. If mum says "When you take your medicine, count to three in your head" when do you start counting?
Hint: It isn't after you've finished taking your meds.

You kept the when but left off any kind of conditional. That totally different structure will have different meaning implications

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Then why doesn't he just publish straight into Errata if he's as infallible as you claim?

I don't claim he is infallible; I claim (because it is factual) that he is the actual expert on rules clarification for the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons. I disagree with parts of his ruling as well, though more from an ease of play then from a legalistic perspective. It doesn't need Errata because it's already supported by the rules as written, just not by the rules as you have very narrowly (and I would argue, at points, bizarrely) specified.

FrogReaver

No, you are in the process of taking the attack action if you haven’t completed it. If you are in the process of taking something the. You haven’t taken it yet

And thus, most students get their car when they get their acceptance. When they start going to college.

Uhhhh... No? The act of going to college being completed means they've either dropped out or graduated. Not started.

Going to college doesn’t imply you are going to graduate and get a degree. Going to college implies you are starting college.

Just because mom and dad are nice and give you the car beforehand because you got accepted and have given them every indication that you are going to doesn’t change what the promise was for. That’s why they will get really mad if after getting the car you decide not to go.

epithet

Explorer
The attack action is not separate from the attack’s you take while taking it

Of course it is. Just as taking the dash action is separate from moving. Taking the attack action gives you one or more weapon attacks (or shoves, or grapples) that you can take or not depending on the circumstances.

FrogReaver

Of course it is. Just as taking the dash action is separate from moving. Taking the attack action gives you one or more weapon attacks (or shoves, or grapples) that you can take or not depending on the circumstances.

Is driving a separate thing from guiding the vechile with the steering wheel and applying the breaks and gas?

Remove ads