D&D 5E (IC) Scourge of Daggerford

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Morgan, finally reunited with his arcane focus, left the Red Wizard's office and sent a necromantic spell that strangled the gnoll shaman to death. As she fell, her summoned hyena stopped its biting of Vairar and disappeared.

OOC: Yup, 13 necrotic will kill the shaman.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The bottleneck of the front line shifts slightly, and Tommi sees an opening. Rather than load his sling, he draws Gutter from his hip, the rusty blade's grip, wrapped with thin dark leather, moist in his hand as if it had been held in a long duel. He strides forward, hoping to slip the blade past his colleagues and into the war leader.

He's taking a risk he doesn't need to, but the blade's impatince mirrors his own, and the young man feels a yearning to cause this creature pain.

He steps forward, and, as if signalled and on cue, Oh-Six flies behind and past him, distracting the gnoll before moving on.

Tommi lunges and the blade slices into the gnoll. The creatures foul breath makes Tommi wretch, but he enjoys how easily the blade slides in and out -- and once it is out, Tommi moves out of the way, pressing himself up against a wall.

OOC: Oh Six: Move: flyby, past Noyerghu --
Action: HELP (advantage to Tommi) --
Move continued: to Y27.

Tommi: Move: 20' to Y31.
Attack: adv. with 1d20+6=17 (HIT), damage = 4d6+3=20 magical piercing.
Bonus: Cunning action Disengage.
Move 10' to Z31.
(Reaction ready for uncanny dodge if hit)

[EDIT: posted before any rolls were made. They've been added now.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Staggered, but standing in spite of a number of quite awful-to-look-at axe wounds, Lunn held the big gnoll back as Tommi got in a low wound with Gutter, his rusty cutlass. Escella joined the fray, sending blasts of force that arched past the others to strike home on the gnoll's chest. As the gnoll stepped back, absorbing the blow just enough to survive it, Tommi dove to the side and took the corner.

Oh-six, after harassing the gnoll for a moment, found itself beside Titus and made a happy squeaking noise before saying in its tinny voice, "Greeting: Titus! It is nice to meet you again."

OOC: Tommi did 20 & Escella did 19 to Noryeghu.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Lunn grits his teeth, his wounds are terrible and only the rage of his ancestors is holding him upright. He sees the priest go down, but there is nothing he can do at the moment except ensure the beast stops.

"You will! Not! Prevail!"

With great effort, he heaves his battle-axe back and with deceptive swing starting from above and changing to horizontal at the last moment cuts across the war leaders stomach. Return swing goes above gnolls head as the beast falls to its knees in front of the barbarian.

Lunn follows him, falling to one knee, gasping for air, supporting himself on the shaft of the axe. With a great shuddering breath, he looks down at the elf and shakily gets to his feet.

"Are there anymore? Get the priest up, we need to rest."

OOC: by my count, Noryeghu has 12 hp...assuming he has no damage resistance, this will kill him.

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Titus was working his way up the bridge from behind the big gnoll, but parts of the floor kept collapsing under his feet. Before he had a chance to stab the gnoll in the back (he remembered a day when he would have found the act distasteful, but that day had past) the half-orc, Lunn Dornuk, barely able to stand, slashed his axe across the gnoll's belly, spilling viscera on the once-nice oak floor. The gnoll fell, and the walkway shuddered under the impact, threatening to collapse completely.

All went quiet in the lodge, other than the laboured breathing of Lunn and the soft wheezing of Vairar, both very badly injured.

OOC: Yup, fight's done. Vairar will need to be saved. Anyone a medic?

Dr. Morgan Wells
Race: Human
HP: 32/32
AC: 12/15(Mage Armour)
Pass Perc: 11
Pass Inv: 17
Pass Ins: 11
Spell Slots:
1st[ ] [ ][ ] [ ]
2nd [X] [ ] [ ]

3rd [ ] [ ] [ ]
Arcane Ward: 16/16Initiative: +2 Spell Save DC: 15
STR: 10+0
DEX: 14 + 2
CON: 12 + 1
INT: 18+4(+7)
WIS: 12 +1(+4)
CHA:12 +1
Arcana:10
History: 7
Investigation:7
Medicine: 4
Persuasion: 4
Religion: 7
Cantrips
Control Flames, Chill touch,
Shape water, Shocking grasp

Memorized spells
1st Grease, Mage Armour, Prot. Evil, Shield
2nd Arcane Lock, Invisibility, Web
3rd Counterspell, Dispel Magic, Slow

Dr. Wells moved quickly to the fallen priest. He didn't have much to staunch the wounds so he, simply, removed his linen shirt, ripped it in half and did his best to staunch the blood rushing from the huge gash.

Looking closer at the wound,

"It looks a lot worse than it is. He's stable but he'll need to rest if he's going to be in any shape to do anything useful. Looks like we could all use a bit of rest. I assume you've taken care of most of the scouting parties on your way here and, with the leaders dead, this might be the safest place to stay."

Morgan continues to keep pressure on the Vrair's wound as he continues,

"We can set up a watch and I can reinforce the doorways in and out, if we find a secure place. I want to take some time to look at the Red Wizard's research. He was working on some kind of necromantic formulae and I want to be able to report whatever I can find about his plans to Delphin."

He shakes his head, almost in disbelief,

"Thanks for rescuing me."

I don't have a healing kit, which automatically stabilizes (why even have a skill?)

So, it's one of these weird things where, if I have the tool, it auto-succeeds but if I don't I roll at disadvantage?
Anyways, I rolled twice and the lowest roll succeeds. Not a crit so he's still unconscious.
Medicine to stabilize: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17
Medicine to stabilize: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Watching the gnoll go down, Titus sighs. So much for his triumphant return.

Looking at the half Orc, not remembering if he was a member of the party before Sing-Ax took hold of his mind, Titus simply smiles and says “Good day! And good hit! He won’t be recovering from that!”

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
As Lionel left the dead wizard behind and entered the other room, Escella squeezed past and shot the large gnoll. Tommi and Lunn had already attacked the remaining gnalls and before Lionel could take aim, the last of the gnolls fell. He walked over to Vairar to see if he could do anything to the fallen priest. Morgan seemed to be very good and managed to staunch the open wounds.
Lionel looked up and saw Titus for the first time. Hi, Titus! It seemed like ages ago since he last saw his friend but it was probably just a few days ago. Good to see you again. What are you doing here? Coming in to rescue us in the last minute, eh? he says smiling.

Remove ads