Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom Llama

First Post
WarDragon said:
As for the second, that's maximum advancement, which is also a Cosmic ability. Seems about right to me.
I'm just curious since it's four times as good as the single portfolio numerically, while most abilities double in strength.

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Krusty...are you revamping the templates to make them more in line with the divine, cosmic, ect. abilities? Cuz some have abilities that are so closely matched but are differently labeled.

:) And are you reintroducing Fecundity?

Oh..and Why are Demiurges extraplanar...wouldnt they be simultaneously extraplanar and native?

Last edited:

Hey guys! :)

I'll update at about 10:30 pm tonight (GMT) - about 5 1/4 hours from now.

After that I'll go back and respond to the posts I have missed.

Phantom Llama

First Post
Disorganised comments:
Shield of Kindness is an interesting ability. I like it a lot.

You really need to finish War Torn. It had me confused and alarmed for a moment.

I love the second clause for Lament of Law (the double portfolio version).

The alignment clause in the Fertility description should be an ethical (Law-Chaos) issue, if it should be there at all.

I see you have finished the Labour domain. ;)

Are those new spells I see in the Science domain?

mercucio

First Post
U_K, can you provide some examples of Uncanny Wind Mastery. I'm working on my version of Odin and its effects seem kind of nebulous. It is supposed to be some kind of knockback effect?

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Ideas

Blade [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible blades.
Prerequisites:[Effect] Ability, Immortal.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible blades, inflicting +1/4 piercing damage and +1/4 slashing damage. These blades remain embedded upon inflicting damage, as they are quite real, and must be forcibly removed. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Chain [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible chains.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible chains, inflicting +1/6 bludgeoning damage, +1/6 piercing damage, and +1/6 slashing damage. These chains can be used in conjunction with the Dancing Chains ability as they are quite real, although they only inflict damage when this is the desired effect. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Dancing Chains (Su)
Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains similar to those controlled by a dancing chains spell.
Prerequisites:Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains that attack and move, according to your whims, as per a dancing chains spell. These chains are indestructible. These chains are negated by a dead magic zone.

Mask of Darkness (Su)
Your face is concealed by a mask only you can remove.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, True Seeing.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests a seemingly porcelain mask that only you can remove. No other being, including those of higher divine rank, or circumstances can remove this mask. Furthermore this mask is impenetrable to all forms of discernment or divination, effectively concealing you identity. This mask also renders it's wearer impervious to all gaze attacks and effects, as well as all attacks and effects reliant upon hearing, scent, sight, and taste. Removing or replacing this mask is a free action. This mask is negated by a dead magic zone.

Raiment of Darkness (Su)
Your divine aura manifests as an intangible raiment of darkness that moves according to your whims.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura acquires the additional effect of the Apocrypha ability. This effect benefits all of your allies. It also provides a +20 equipment bonus to all hide and move silently checks for both you and your allies. This raiment cannot be destroyed or removed and is never a hindrance to you. This raiment resembles any form of clothing ensemble desired. This raiment is negated by a dead magic zone.

Hey dante dude! :)

...you know i started a new Ascension thread mate...but since you are already here.

dante58701 said:
Blade [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible blades.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible blades, inflicting +1/4 piercing damage and +1/4 slashing damage. These blades remain embedded upon inflicting damage, as they are quite real, and must be forcibly removed. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Chain [Effect] (Su)
Your [Effect] ability manifests as tangible chains.
Benefit:Your [Effect] Ability manifests as tangible chains, inflicting +1/6 bludgeoning damage, +1/6 piercing damage, and +1/6 slashing damage. These chains can be used in conjunction with the Dancing Chains ability as they are quite real, although they only inflict damage when this is the desired effect. Each time this ability is taken it applies to a different [Effect] ability.

Dancing Chains (Su)
Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains similar to those controlled by a dancing chains spell.
Prerequisites:Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests corporeal chains that attack and move, according to your whims, as per a dancing chains spell. These chains are indestructible. These chains are negated by a dead magic zone.

You know I almost had an ability in Ascension called Weapon [Effect]. Which was basically like a sort of flechette/shard/metal [Effect]. But it just seemed a bit hokey and in terms of damage was the same as Force [Effect]. So I just thought it would be more likely that War deities (for example) would have Force effects shaped like weapons.

Although, that said, I like the idea of the chains, reminds me of Hellraiser.

dante58701 said:
Mask of Darkness (Su)
Your face is concealed by a mask only you can remove.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, True Seeing.
Benefit:Your divine aura manifests a seemingly porcelain mask that only you can remove. No other being, including those of higher divine rank, or circumstances can remove this mask. Furthermore this mask is impenetrable to all forms of discernment or divination, effectively concealing you identity. This mask also renders it's wearer impervious to all gaze attacks and effects, as well as all attacks and effects reliant upon hearing, scent, sight, and taste. Removing or replacing this mask is a free action. This mask is negated by a dead magic zone.

Porcelain mask!? Thats very cool. I like it.

dante58701 said:
Raiment of Darkness (Su)
Your divine aura manifests as an intangible raiment of darkness that moves according to your whims.
Prerequisites:Apocrypha, Divine Aura, Immortal, Self Mastery.
Benefit:Your divine aura acquires the additional effect of the Apocrypha ability. This effect benefits all of your allies. It also provides a +20 equipment bonus to all hide and move silently checks for both you and your allies. This raiment cannot be destroyed or removed and is never a hindrance to you. This raiment resembles any form of clothing ensemble desired. This raiment is negated by a dead magic zone.

Thats not bad.

Don't feel you need to mention dead magic negating a (Su) ability every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads