Immortals Handbook - ASCENSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm gonna move this over to Publishing now, UK. I let the old one stay simply because it had been there so long, but this isn't about a house rules project any more, it's about your product for sale. :)

Hi Russ! :)

Morrus said:
I'm gonna move this over to Publishing now, UK. I let the old one stay simply because it had been there so long, but this isn't about a house rules project any more, it's about your product for sale. :)

Thanks. I appreciate the help, I was never sure which forum was best for it so I appreciate the clarity.

Oi Knight Otu matey! :D

How have you been keeping dude?

Knight Otu said:
Just posting to subscribe. ;)

Can't comment lacking the book, really.

Which website are you waiting on (RPGNow or Drivethrurpg?) or are you waiting for the print versions?

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
U_K!

Seeing as how the Infernal, an abomination, in the ELH has it, I am thinking divine. It prevent spellcasters from spamming their most powerful spell. And if it applys to epic spells, no questions asked, it should be atleast a divine ability.

Maybe, its a tricky one.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Actually, I think it matters on what kind of action it takes to use these. If the Blast requires an attack action (With additional attacks from high bab) I think if the touch one is the same, it may be overpowered a bit (perhaps 1&1/2 x hd damage) The force blast has the advantage of being less resistable, so D4s are fine. The Divine one does d3s, perhaps it should be nerfed to d6s, but with only half as many. (D3s dont sit well with me)

The average Divine Blast in D&Dg dealt 17d12 damage which is 110 average. I always considered that equivalent to a cosmic ability (although back when a cosmic ability equalled 4 divine abilities, not 6 like now).

My divine Blast allows you to deal 12d3 (average 18), which is a massive step down.

I agree with you about the d3 to d6/2 change.

My cosmic blast deals an average 126 (12d20), so even though I know I have the balance more or less right, it still looks a bit limp as a diivine ability.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I don't think it will be too much of a problem if there are some addative powers for your blast. (like in the Silver Surfer description, how he and Galactus could charge theirs up)

I'm also worried about those additive powers, they are a touch complicated to balance.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I think if you go increasing the critical threat range beyond x3, it gets silly. (3.0 Deepwood sniper, Keened Imp. Crit Bow in quiver of keen edges, Keen Improved Crit arrows in a quiver of keen edges, Crits on -2 through 20 if I recall)

You can't stack multiple keen effects. Some DMs don't even allow Keen to stack with Improved Critical.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
The crit multiplyer increase is fine probobly as an epic feat. Perhaps as a divine ranger ability or a cosmic ability there will be the power to crit anything. Or as you said before, it could be increased once as a feat, then once at a Divine level, etc.

When anything is possible, eventually you should be able to crit with every hit, however the trick lies in not allowing it too easily, otherwise everyone will take it.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
I dont think too many people will take them except so they can add every ability score they have to everything. (If that sounds bad, change em) Unbreakable (The STR one?) is way too powerful. Who wouldn't take it, and with all the size and rage feats, you get an unkillable guy pretty quick. Perhaps they should just give a flat bonus (Like Intellectual Grace giving a +10 Insight bonus to AC) and make them stack.

I dunno.

Going by epic feats a divine ability should roughly add:

AC = +12
Attack = +6 (all weapons), +12 (specific weapon)
Damage = +12 (all weapons), +24 (specific weapon)
Saves = +12 (all saves), +24 (specific save)

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
This could go either way, but as epic feats they would be more accessable to those who take the trees. I think most gods will be throwing Divine blasts around more often than using "Dance of the Chainsaws" (3wep fighting Plus Chainsaws = gold) It is strong, but It may be better served as a feat. If you dont have room though, as a Divine power it wouldnt hurt.

I still have a bit of room. I was thinking of removing Three-Weapon Rend...I'm sort of skeptical as to how that would work.

Ltheb Silverfrond said:
Oh, U_K! your power for animating statues, are they just stone golems, or are they golems of whatever they are made of? (BWAHAHAHAHA! No, I don't have 200 Neutronium Statues of myself in my house. I am not THAT vain...)

The material determines the type, but the religion needs to fund those statues themselves.

Also they are limited by your Hit Dice, and I am thinking they should also be limited in number by your divine rank.

Unless you own the "Temple at the End of Time" you are never going to have Neutronium Statues. :p

dante58701

Banned
Banned
Although I know you're quite swamped with work...I think you should make superman according to your divine rules to demonstrate some of the mechanics of your system. Or mayhaps someone here would like to do that. Im kinda curious to see how it all adds up. Im currently playing a time lord myself. He's kinda like Q only more of a deviant smartass. He's working great for the campaign. Ive even made him using the optional rules regarding those who dont use artifacts (no equipment equals more divine abilities), less feats than normal (converting feats into divine abilities), moving stats around (making his mental scores exceedingly high, while making his physical scores exceedingly low 800+ Mental Scores Vs. even 30 Physical scores).
He's essentially interested in studying all that can be studied and learning all that can be learned. His primary study at the moment are the concepts of evil and magic. So he studies mortals and gods alike in an effort to find more amusing uses for evil and magic. Much like Q his favorite species is humanity, and thus he often meddles with them in an experimental manner. Much like a human scientist would study microbes or even molecules.

Hey dante mate! :)

dante58701 said:
Although I know you're quite swamped with work...I think you should make superman according to your divine rules to demonstrate some of the mechanics of your system.

Interesting exercise, although Superman is a slightly different proposition to immortals. The main problem would seem to be his Hit Dice/Levels.

I seem to recall working out his strength should be roughly in the 125 region. Which means he would be a seven virtual size category humanoid. Which would mean that, based on this analysis he would have 384 Hit Dice. While this is technically more than Galactus, his overall Challenge Rating would be far lower, since he is technically not a deity. Also he would have no equipment.

Superman
Hit Points: 9984
Con: 46
Str: 125
Dex: 111 (at best)
Damage Reduction: 190/kryptonite
Attack: 12 punches +249 melee, Damage 8d6+57
Heat Vision: 96d6 ray
Icy Breath: 96d6 cone
Fast Healing: 190
AC: 156 (Dex +50, Natural Armour +96)
Speed: 320 feet (land), 960 feet (flight)...his movement speed doubles every round as he keeps accelerating.

Challenge Rating: Very difficult to judge since I am not sure if his Damage Reduction, Fast Healing and so forth should cost him some of his 129 feats.

Also he may have some class levels on top of that to take into account his occupation (reporter) and his fighting experience (and training by Mongul).

dante58701 said:
Or mayhaps someone here would like to do that. Im kinda curious to see how it all adds up.

The above is more or less off the top of my head, and I am not totally happy with the Hit Dice total, maybe half that would be better.

dante58701 said:
Im currently playing a time lord myself.

:eek:

dante58701 said:
He's kinda like Q only more of a deviant smartass. He's working great for the campaign. Ive even made him using the optional rules regarding those who dont use artifacts (no equipment equals more divine abilities), less feats than normal (converting feats into divine abilities), moving stats around (making his mental scores exceedingly high, while making his physical scores exceedingly low 800+ Mental Scores Vs. even 30 Physical scores).

You can't weaken him below the physical minimums for his size, which must be at least Macro-Tiny and therefore Str 90, Con 32, Dex 10

dante58701 said:
He's essentially interested in studying all that can be studied and learning all that can be learned. His primary study at the moment are the concepts of evil and magic. So he studies mortals and gods alike in an effort to find more amusing uses for evil and magic. Much like Q his favorite species is humanity, and thus he often meddles with them in an experimental manner. Much like a human scientist would study microbes or even molecules.

Well I am glad you are getting loads of fun out of it, though I wonder how long such a level of campaign can be sustained before you run out of opposition. :uhoh:

dante58701

Banned
Banned
My house rules allow deities to have a natural size appropriate to the race they represent, provided the deity has sufficient Divine Immensity. Originally we were thinking or negating size rules altogether...but we decided we liked them too much. So...for this guy...representing humanity means he appears as a medium human. The limiting factor we apply is this...while divine immensity allows him to be size medium...size medium (as an optional house rule) is his base size. Thus with Divine Immensity x10 he could only become size macromedium. This eliminates abuse of the Divine Immensity ability for those who want smaller divinities. I am considering just making another Divine Ability that allows immense deities to possess a smaller
size. Though Im at a loss as to what to name it, because divine insignificance just doesn't sound right to me.

As for campaigns...most of the challenges are interpersonal. He's a major antagonist for the other characters. A creature wizards can blast with their potent epic spells and blast with their artifact level shotguns.

Knight Otu

First Post
Upper_Krust said:
Oi Knight Otu matey! :D

How have you been keeping dude?

Which website are you waiting on (RPGNow or Drivethrurpg?) or are you waiting for the print versions?
Actually, the wait comes from that little thing called money. :p

Eversius

First Post
Hey, UK. Here to plague you with more questions.

When Aeons enter the lower dimensions, don't they enter a demiurge? Could they enter another Time Lord's lower dimensions?

How can an Aeon embody a universe or campaign setting when it isn't made of component dimensions like a demiurge? How can things live "within" it?

When a beast/creature/character has a dire template applied to it (or macrobe, even), doesn't it still get the ability points to spend for every 4 extra HD? This is disregarding its original HD of course.

Why are Time Lords limited to 999 HD? Can they advance beyond that without absorbing another Aeon to become a High Lord?

Are there any other ways for a creature to gain 999+ HD without embodying a universe? What if they weren't part of the cosmic balance? Would they have to exist in interdimensional space?

I probably have other questions that I've forgotten to add, but I'm just trying to wrap my mind around these things.

Eversius said:
Why are Time Lords limited to 999 HD? Can they advance beyond that without absorbing another Aeon to become a High Lord?
It is listed as being a suggested minimum, not a maximum.
As for advancement, yea they probobly could, but with an ecl of 1999+, good luck finding something of equivalent power to kill for XP. Nexus Dragons come to mind, but I doubt they are common enough. Besides, how do you tell the difference in age catagories? You could think you were fighting a wyrmling, a decent challenge, but in reality it was a great wyrm, and it is toying with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads