• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the World of Chaos - (Warhammer) - Ended

Widowmaker

First Post
Eventually all of you finish your meals. Little is discussed over the table. Things slowly progress. Finally Eldillor enters the inn, the cool morning air follows him in as well.

Eldillor walks over to the table. "The horses are ready. All of the necessary supplies have been packed. I suggest we get going before we spend all morning here. We have a long journey ahead off us. We are lucky we shall have good weather, it looks as though the clouds are going to let up."

If the weather does hold it will be the first good weather in a while. Slowly Janna, Durgan, Eva, and Eldillor make there way outside.

Starman

Adventurer
The mage leans toward Wolfgang and whispers "Time for some adventure, eh?" He grins and and makes to grab his gear when he realizes that he left it upstairs. Muttering an oath, Magnus runs up and hastily collects his gear before running out after the rest of the group.

Wolfgang watches Magnus run off then realizes he also left his gear upstairs. He followes him up and packs up his gear.

"Why are you in such a cheery mood this morning? I figured you to bite my head off and everybody elses."

He finishes packing and starts to make his way down stairs with the others.

Widowmaker

First Post
As you both make your way outside you see horses and a wagon waiting for you. Janna and Durgan are settling into the wagon. The wagon is being pulled by two large black horses, they look they they could almost pass as warhorses. In the back of the wagon looks like enough supplies to feed an army. Although from what Eldillor told you you might need those supplies. Durgan is straping the last

Eldillor is on top of a grey light warhorse. Eva sits a top of a brown riding horse. Standing next to Eva stand two saddled horses. One is a bucksin riding horse. The other is a black light warhorse. You pick your horse and stow your gear.

As you head out Eldillor leads the group. It is a cloudy day it looks like it could rain at anytime but it doesn't. As it approaches mid-morning you figure you have travelled about 6-8 miles, Wolfgang you notice your horses ears start to perk up. The horse starts looking around and seems to become skiddish.

Starman

Adventurer
Wolfgang said:
"Why are you in such a cheery mood this morning? I figured you to bite my head off and everybody elses."

Magnus arches an eyebrow at his muscle-bound companion. "Have you ever known me to be cheery?" he asks drily. "Comments like that will get all of the hair on your head burned off. It will be quite hard for you to find women to bed if your head is a mass of scars" The mage snickers briefly and then his face straightens. "I have other thoughts on my mind this morning."

The mage closes his eyes and groans briefly when he comes face-to-face with his horse. I hate these filthy animals, he thinks. Reluctantly, he climbs aboard his. It is not the most graceful display, but, thankfully, he doesn't fall off.

After a couple of miles, as Magnus starts to settle into the rhythm of riding, he pulls out the skull and begins to surreptitiously study it. He tries to imagine to the lines of power and the forces he felt the previous night.

Wolfgang pats the horse on the neck " Easy Easy. It's alright." He looks around to see if any of the other horses are doing the same.

He rides over next to Magnus until there knees are touching and whispers " Put that thing away and keep your eyes open. My horse ain't liken something around here."

He then trots up to Elidillor and asks him in a casual tone " Do you expect much trouble on this road? I thought it was pretty quiet along here?

Widowmaker

First Post
Wolfgang

You notice none of the horses or riders appear to notice anything. You do a quick scan of the area, but you don't hear or see anything.

Eldillor looks at you in suprise. "The roads are never safe, but I wouldn't expect any trouble for a few days."

Widowmaker

First Post
Magnus

You pull the skull out and again you can feel power ripping through the skull. You almost feel euphoric. Your body tingles and a warm sensation rushes throughout your body. It starts in your hands and contiues until it reaches your toes. As you look around bright and vivid colors appear over everything. You hardly notice Wolfgang talking to you until he nudges you.

"Just curious" Wolfgang replies to the elf.

He rides back to Magnus. "Hey did you hear me? Put that thing away. You can look at your skull tonight."

With out waiting for a reply the big man rides over to the wagon where Janna is sitting.
"How is it you got a seat on this wagon and the rest of us have to rub our back sides raw on these horses?" He says with a big grin on his face.

Remove ads