• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insight's "Against the Witch King" - OOC

Leif

Adventurer
Connections:
In the course of Hrung's adventures, he and Kel may have become comrades. He might enjoy Kel's companionship. Kel might value Hrung's loyalty and occasional criticism.
If Hrung is willing to at least occasionally follow a course of action suggested by Kel, and use his superior harpoon skills to defend Kel, then they will get along famously. Kel may even start to think along the lines of starting his new clan as a mixture of orcs and humans, possibly even adding other races to the mix. In fact, I like that idea -- Kel could become the standard-bearer for inter-racial harmony! And he could also go on the hunt for a wife of each race! ;)

ALSO, INSIGHT, I corrected my spellin below of "Velurian," sorry.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Insight, I don't think that link in the last post is working as you intended.

I think THIS is what you intended.

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Hello!

I was away for most of the weekend and just got caught up on the thread. I'm leaning toward a sort of savage shaman from the southern jungles. Perhaps an escaped slave? Perhaps on a lengthy vision quest? Perhaps something else?

Among the first posts, you mention players helping flesh out human variants. What does this entail? Fluff, obviously. Crunch also?

Insight

Adventurer
Hello!

I was away for most of the weekend and just got caught up on the thread. I'm leaning toward a sort of savage shaman from the southern jungles. Perhaps an escaped slave? Perhaps on a lengthy vision quest? Perhaps something else?

Among the first posts, you mention players helping flesh out human variants. What does this entail? Fluff, obviously. Crunch also?

It would be mostly fluff, unless you came up with some game mechanic that was particular to whatever fluff you're developing.

My initial idea is that the players would develop elements of their characters' backstories. If the players want to work on other elements of the setting, that is welcomed also.

So, for example, if you are creating a character from the Savage Coast, you could develop the region, its people, its society, its religion, and so forth.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Cool. What about Hindrances not listed in the Test Drive? I'm thinking of a minor hindrance that would be opposite of Doubting Thomas. Instead of not believing in the supernatural, the character would attribute just about everything to the supernatural.

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
Cool. What about Hindrances not listed in the Test Drive? I'm thinking of a minor hindrance that would be opposite of Doubting Thomas. Instead of not believing in the supernatural, the character would attribute just about everything to the supernatural.

That would probably just be Delusional.

Remove ads